Trusted Contributor
Unfortunately, in the past, many of their bags had very poor reviews.

Maybe they made improvements. One of my big problems, with their presentations, was, their tendency, to compare their bags to very high end designer bags; Gucci, Vuitton, etc.

The comparison was ridiculous. No one would expect, bags at a modest price, to compare to bags that cost thousands, and it made them look silly, at best.
Honored Contributor

I like it,  just not enough to buy it.

Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

wow....................just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOY & IMAN Couture Leather Satchel & Clutch with Velvet Detail

They are lovelySmiley Happy

Super Contributor

I ordered a bag from them last summer, very cheap looking. If the leather is real it looked like plastic. Rather spend more and get a lucious Vince Camuto.

Honored Contributor

@catlover

I got an early email about and had the complete opposite reaction! Not at all to my taste. I also skip all Joy/Iman bags because I have seen them at HSN Outlets and they are, without exception, nothing I’d consider purchasing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last night as I was listening to Joy and Amy rave about the quality of the bags. Joy said "We call it Leather for Life." 

The first thought that came to my twisted mind was "I guess you could call it that as long as you're not the cow."

This is not an anti-leather comment, a judgement, or criticism. I'm not even a vegetarian though I do admire those who are. To those who purchase the bags I hope you like them. Maybe it was my mood, the time of night, or you just had to be there, but the irony of that statement just hit me. 

Respected Contributor

Many critics feel that Iman has to get out of this partnership. Lots of bad reviews.

Respected Contributor

Re: JOY AND IMAN TS BAG

[ Edited ]

No offense to anyone, and this is 'JMO,' but I think their bags look like different colors of cardboard.  So stiff and plastic looking.  It's beyond structured📦

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Thank you for your astute comment.  I am constantly aware of the discrepancy between loving animals and the reality of the slaughter house.  The only beauty I see in this is the color of the bags.

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Last night as I was listening to Joy and Amy rave about the quality of the bags. Joy said "We call it Leather for Life." 

The first thought that came to my twisted mind was "I guess you could call it that as long as you're not the cow."

This is not an anti-leather comment, a judgement, or criticism. I'm not even a vegetarian though I do admire those who are. To those who purchase the bags I hope you like them. Maybe it was my mood, the time of night, or you just had to be there, but the irony of that statement just hit me. 

Honored Contributor

If it's like their other collaborations, and I'm sure it is, it's a paper-thin layer of leather bonded to cardboard.  Cheap, cheap, cheap.  I watched about 30 minutes this afternoon and Iman didn't utter a single word.  Why is she there?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment