[ Edited ]

@hckynut 

@hckynut wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Bo Derek

Joy Behar?

Please!  

hckynut 

I wasn't referring to looks.  Someone mentioned that it would be hard to call your boyfriend of 20 years, your husband. I was just referring to Behr as going with her husband Steve for 20 years + as boyfriend and not husband. Maybe i didn't make it clear.  I can't stand JB, just a reference, my apologizes.

I respect all your post, sorry.

Trusted Contributor

Re: JOHN CORBETT AND BO DEREK ARE MARRIED

@Brisky wrote:
These people don't have to get married. They have been together twenty years. They are in it for the long haul, I think. Congratulations!!

The only reason to do it, at this stage of the game (beside sentimentality) would be rights of inheritance and other financial and/or medical reasons.I

I don't think either has children.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I divorced after 7 years marriage, and a year later he moved back into my home and we remained together for 10 years until he passed.

Not going into details, but we got along a lot better. He came into the marriage with a lot of baggage and I stood to lose everything I worked so hard for and when you get married at an advance age, you need to look at that, but sometime people get caught up in the moment.  I was warned and paid no attention to all the signs. I got off lucky. We remained friends. My pre nupt. saved me.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@hckynut 

@hckynut wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Bo Derek

Joy Behar?

Please!  

hckynut 

I wasn't referring to looks.  Someone mentioned that it would be hard to call your boyfriend of 20 years, your husband. I was just referring to Behr as going with her husband Steve for 20 years + as boyfriend and not husband. Maybe i didn't make it clear.

"I can stand JB, just a reference, my apologizes.

I respect all your post, sorry".

@qvcaddition 

My 1 word comment, like your post, was not about comparison looks either. Hopefully your word "can", was meant to mean "can't".

Who they are as a persons are complete opposites. One likes the spotlight always shining on her. The other does so many good things for animals, and shunes the spotlight.

Joy Behar to me IS a comedian, but not in a complimentary way. 

It is never necessary for anyone to apologize to me, but thank you for your clarification.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Indeed!  I only hope getting married doesn't take the romance out of their relationship, as often seems to happen. 

@Kachina624 After the shock wears off from laundering said partner's underwear marital status doesn't matter.  

Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

Of course I remember Bo from being in 10, and how gorgeous she was in that film. John Corbett, I remember from SATC and of course My Big Fat Greek Wedding!! I am happy for them both! 

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, I forgot about him in My Big Fat Greek Wedding!  d'oh!  

That was a fun movie.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I love John Corbett...great personality and very down-to earth, along with being very handsome... and loved the movie..."My Big Fat Greek Wedding"....Congratulations on his marriage to Bo Derek and Much Happiness to them!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

RRe: JOHN CORBETT AND BO DEREK ARE MARRIED

@hckynut 

@hckynut wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@hckynut 

@hckynut wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Bo Derek

Joy Behar?

Please!  

hckynut 

I wasn't referring to looks.  Someone mentioned that it would be hard to call your boyfriend of 20 years, your husband. I was just referring to Behr as going with her husband Steve for 20 years + as boyfriend and not husband. Maybe i didn't make it clear.

"I can't stand JB, just a reference, my apologizes.

I respect all your post, sorry".

@qvcaddition 

My 1 word comment, like your post, was not about comparison looks either. Hopefully your word "can", was meant to mean "can't".

Who they are as a persons are complete opposites. One likes the spotlight always shining on her. The other does so many good things for animals, and shunes the spotlight.

Joy Behar to me IS a comedian, but not in a complimentary way. 

It is never necessary for anyone to apologize to me, but thank you for your clarification.

hckynut 

Yes I mean,t  can,t and I totally agree with you about JB. There is no comparison between the two.women. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@decaf wrote:

They dated 20 years, wow, that's a very long time 

I can't even imagine referring to a man as your boyfriend for 20 years and then, all of a sudden, Poof, calling him your husband. 

@decaf 

My wife did just that, but for 30+ years. Will be 50 years together in 2022. 

hckynut 

@hckynut ...Wow!...I find that very interesting and would love to know what the deciding factor was for you both, after 30 years of being together, in your decision to get married?

I love hearing about the various relationships between people and never did feel that everyone had to abide by the seemingly same expectations and blueprint dictated by society standards.

So, I am just curious and I would definitely understand if you don't care to answer my question, as it is rather personal. 

Congratulations on your nearly 50 years together!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~