Honored Contributor

I have a lot of *mint condition* Kennedy's.  They were given to me wrapped in Saran Wrap.  Don't know why.  Maybe they were uncirculated?

We have a ton of 50c pieces and always gave to them for the grandchildren from the *tooth fairy*.

I remember my parents saying that they taped 50 cent pieces to our belly buttons so we would have *innies*.  Don't know if they were kidding or not.  lol

Honored Contributor

I had a roll of these as well as  part of a large coin collection.  I know they were worth a lot, but not sure of the total as a dealer bought the whole collection for about $5000.

Honestly I didn't really know a lot of what I had. I had reserached all of it, but I had  no idea they were uncirculated until they told me.  They were wrapped in what looked like butcher paper to me, and my grandfather was a butcher, so everything was always wrapped in that, so it didn't stand out to me as anything special.

But the dealer about died when he opened the rolls.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I went to Spain for a summer exchange after High School in 1970 and since the Spanish people loved JFK I took fifty cent pieces to give out as little gifts. They enjoyed seeing Americans and we were eight girls, so sometimes caused a stir.  I wonder where those coins are now? 

Honored Contributor

Don't believe pie in the sky quotes promoted by ignorant sources.  It's click bait.  If that coin is worth $500.00, there is something unique about it.  The silver ones are obviously worth more, but check Ebay for a quick appraisal of what you have.  Include mint marks on any coin you check this way.  And try to match condition.  I"ve seen slide shows on here lately that say old Pyrex or Corning Ware can make you rich.  Again, certain pieces only.  

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I have a lot of *mint condition* Kennedy's.  They were given to me wrapped in Saran Wrap.  Don't know why.  Maybe they were uncirculated?

We have a ton of 50c pieces and always gave to them for the grandchildren from the *tooth fairy*.

I remember my parents saying that they taped 50 cent pieces to our belly buttons so we would have *innies*.  Don't know if they were kidding or not.  lol

@Lucky Charm: I would believe them because. I would put a quarter on my babies belly buttons and wrap their bellies up Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

I have six 1964 JFK 50 cent pieces and one bicentennial JFK 50 cent piece.  They don't look uncirculated so I guess they're worth 50 cents?  Anyone know if the circulated ones are worth more than that?

Esteemed Contributor
I had an uncle who would give us kids a set of uncirculated coins for Christmas every year. I thought that was so cool. My DH and I did a lot of traveling to other countries before the virus stalled our business. No matter where we went, we would be sure to get one of each of their coins for all our kids, and now grandchildren. I put them in a bag for each of them and note when and where we got the coins. They are just fun to have and look at, not to mention that you can learn a bit of history as well.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor
I just remembered this too - we took a family trip to Australia in 2006. Our youngest was in grade school. We collected enough of one coin to give one to each kid in his class. Don’t remember the denomination, but the coin had a kangaroo on it. Maybe they did not think it was cool, but I bet some of them still have it all these years later.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead