Honored Contributor

JERRY GARCIA TIES ARE STILL A GOOD GIFT IDEA!

I never tire of their vintage-inspired, silken cascades of brilliant color, Art Deco, art moderne or Cubist lines, and faintly bohemian look.

Got the first one for hubby years ago-- he loved it.  He is anything but a Deadhead, but they were right up his alley!  He has three now- I made him get another one when we were in Kohl's yesterday.  There are constant sales, and we've paid varying prices, from about $12 on sale, to $30.  Not bad for silk ties.

But the best part is the nonstop compliments he gets, ALL the time.  People notice and love those ties.  Even the very prosaic engineers he works with, notoriously stingy with compliments, have to remark on them and ask where he got them!

So if you have a guy in your life who wears or likes ties, it's a nice idea....

Honored Contributor

Re: JERRY GARCIA TIES ARE STILL A GOOD GIFT IDEA!

I had a hard time getting images of the ties which weren't at a retail shop that QVC would screen out, but maybe these random Yahoo images will come through:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrJzAmAMIVbzHIApRonnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG...

Respected Contributor

@Oznell

My DH who is seriously color blind loves those ties also.  Over the years he has quite a collection.

Since the dress code in many professions has gone very casual, he doesn’t get to wear them very often.

May be when he is 90, I will frame them !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Before my husband's work place went to workplace casual, that's all he wore. He loved wearing his Jerry Garcia ties because of the bright colors and designs. Added a little bit of pizazz to an otherwise boring look. Bought many from Kohls and loved the little tins they came in. 

Honored Contributor

DH wore a uniform to work everyday so no need for ties. He no longer wears ties to church since it’s gone casual for the past few years. 

I love the ties though.

Valued Contributor

My son has these ties too and loves them. Another place to get these ties at reasonable prices is Steinmart.