Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,857
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's up to the employees to decide to accept or reject what's on offer. The employer is free to do what's in the best interest of his business. If he can't retain employees with the wages and work load he offers, he will need to make changes. 

Everyone involved is responsible to look out for themselves. 

 

 

 

 


Then that means the worst employers won't be able to find or keep any workers. It's a competition. (Just like the worst workers can't find or hold any work.) That's what the employers are complaining about right now. They feel entitled to workers no matter what they do.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Dellabelle 

 

If what you claim were true, you wouldn't have opened this thread. It's clearly labeled Jeff Bezos.


@occasionalrain, I think @Dellabelle was just making a point.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Sooner wrote:

Another easy target to complain about about all of us who: buy stuff we don't need; support China; take no time to complain to legislators about how their money is spent; don't care what companies throw away "charity" wise of our money and take tax deductions for it; spend more money on pet food than charity, and I could go on.

 

I have a very sad view of a lot of the "charity" activities in this country because I think it is more for advertising than helping people, and letting a lot of people in rural America go hungry and without education because they aren't fashionable to help.

 

So when people get upset about how some gazillion aire spends some money, I get irritated because so many who need help don't get our attention.  You have to be in need in the right places in this country or nobody gives squat about your situation.  

 

I will put away the soap box and apologize if I have offended because my intent is simply to say that we (including me) spend a lot of thought and effort on stuff that doesn't really matter.  I have not have a great day, and I am angry about something I can't do anything about and I guess this is my frustration.  


@Sooner, I'm sorry that you are upset. I hope things get better for you sooner than later. (see what I did there:-))


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,919
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Porcelain 

 

Employers can feel however they wish, but if wishes were horses, beggers would ride. 

Those seeking employment may believe they deserve higher wages, but if they cannot find a job that pays what they feel they're worth, then they either accept less or expand their area of search.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,121
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@suzyQ3 Cute pun on sooner!  Woman Very Happy  It made me smile and yes thanks, things are better today.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,021
Registered: ‎06-16-2015

My feeling about all these rich boys and their toys is by all means spend your money on whatever folly you choose, but FIRST make sure you pay your full share of taxes, the same as all the rest of us. It's only fair.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,601
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

 

@CrazyDaisy It is not for the employees to accept poverty wages and harsh working conditions to help their employers make money.  If employers can't make it paying fair wages and treating their employees well, then maybe they should do something else.


Employees do not have to accept anything they do not want to, job market is very good right now.

 

Guess you missed everything that business have had endure this last year and half.  Would have to guess your financial position is in much better shape than most.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,601
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@Porcelain wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's up to the employees to decide to accept or reject what's on offer. The employer is free to do what's in the best interest of his business. If he can't retain employees with the wages and work load he offers, he will need to make changes. 

Everyone involved is responsible to look out for themselves. 

 

 

 

 


Then that means the worst employers won't be able to find or keep any workers. It's a competition. (Just like the worst workers can't find or hold any work.) That's what the employers are complaining about right now. They feel entitled to workers no matter what they do.


What most employeers are complaining about is that government subsidizing state  unemployment benefits that put them at a disadvantage in attracting employees.  Those additional benefits were needed at the time.....but people need to get back to work.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,677
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

@suzyQ3   I gues we have different perspectives.  I respect all points of view, I do believe in freedom of choice.

 


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@12andcounting   Agree.....disfunctionality clearly evident when we can't support our homeless Vets and how many millons are we (the tax payers) spending on hotel rooms for others, yet, our Vets/homeless remain on the streets. 


@phoenixbrd& @12andcounting, I don't know about where live, but her in California we are desperately trying to help ALL of the homeless, veterans and others.


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@suzyQ3   I gues we have different perspectives.  I respect all points of view, I do believe in freedom of choice.

 


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@12andcounting   Agree.....disfunctionality clearly evident when we can't support our homeless Vets and how many millons are we (the tax payers) spending on hotel rooms for others, yet, our Vets/homeless remain on the streets. 


@phoenixbrd& @12andcounting, I don't know about where live, but her in California we are desperately trying to help ALL of the homeless, veterans and others.


 


I'm not getting what you're saying. Do you mean that we should help house only veterans? Because all I wrote was that we're trying to help them and others. @phoenixbrd 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland