Respected Contributor

Check out Jon Stewart's take on this space trip......

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

And no Prime Customer commented on Bezos's remarks---

Jeff Bezos gave a heartfelt thanks to Amazon employees and customers following his record-setting trip to space Tuesday — noting that they “paid for all of this.”

“I … want to thank every Amazon employee, and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all this,” the 57-year-old Amazon founder told reporters after returning from his trip to the edge of space.

“So seriously, for every Amazon customer out there, and every Amazon employee, thank you from the bottom of my heart, very much. It’s very appreciated.”

Bezos received his wings in a ceremony after he returned on his company Blue Origin’s first commercial flight, which took off around 9:12 a.m. Tuesday from West Texas.

@Spurt Maybe they weren't allowed to.  Furthermore, how do you there aren't some people, somewhere where Amazon serves hasn't said a thing?  Speculation is what you're doing.  They can block comments on social media platforms.

@gertrudecloset& @Spurt 

Twitters were not shy in calling him out for that comment about thanking his customers for financing the "trip." He has said that it was a joke that he probably shoudn't have made.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 Good.  I can't imagine that no one said a thing....that didn't compute for me.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for enlightening me on the Chef, I did not know of him and I didn't hear the fact the money was going to his charity.   I am still quite puzzled by Van Jones getting the other $100 million, hopefully his is going to charity too.   My whole thing was he could help out his employees more, a thank you?? seriously??   An extra check for the hard working people in this country would be way more appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm frankly tired of the media fawning over Bezos, Branson and the rest. I could not care less, and I'll bet I'm not alone. 😴

@QVCkitty1  You are DEFINITELY not alone!  All I can think about is how much good he could have done with that money instead of taking a joy ride to draw attention to himself once again.  Homeless veterans (which should NEVER even be a thing in the United States), starving children, poor abandoned and mistreated animals.  What a waste of money, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting   Agree.....disfunctionality clearly evident when we can't support our homeless Vets and how many millons are we (the tax payers) spending on hotel rooms for others, yet, our Vets/homeless remain on the streets. 

Honored Contributor

Always with the political posts.

Btw there was a thread about Wally. Sadly didn't seem to garner much interest.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Chef Andres is a hero, he does incredible work. And Van Jones works on criminal justice reform, a very worthwhile cause.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor
There are plenty of things that I don’t agree with with regard to Musk, Bezos, and Branson. All three however are absolutely visionaries. I think we should applaud that there will be a pathway for private citizens to go into space. It’s quite sad that space exploration now gets ridiculed. Where is your sense of adventure?

I have followed Chef Jose Andre for years and the man is tireless and amazing.
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset @suzyQ3 

My remark was said tongue in cheek to Amazon Prime members on this Forum. Sorry for the confusion

Snowpuppy understood what I meant 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”