Honored Contributor

Re: JEFF BEZOS: The World's Richest Man

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi Jane, it's been crazy around here, dr. appts, etc.  I haven't put up the echo yet, I won't even go into the wackiness of it all.

It was a serious injury, but he seems to be doing pretty well.

How are you?

@JaneMarple

I'm so glad @Noel7, give him my best. I'm good, I have my good and bad days but no complaints. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Hi @Laura14  I agree with you. Bill Gates has done a lot of good, and Elon Musk wants to revamp the world, lol.

Musk is designing an underground 29 minute trip from Washington DC to NYC... by car.  Woman Surprised

@Noel7  Underground?  We have enough tunnels under water in the Northeast.  I'll sit my butt on the hour train ride.  And as a local, I hate to tell Mr. Musk but you drive nowhere in that part of the country in 29 minutes.   Smiley Very Happy      

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I am very pleased by the direction of The Washington Post during these difficult times.  That newspaper is lighting the way.

In truth, I was at first put off when Jeff Bezos purchased it, but in his first interview posted in the newspaper, he impressed me with his thoughts that a revered institution must "stay young" in order to thrive and continue.  When I read his insights in that interview, my thinking changed.

On his watch, democracy will not die in darkness.  He is the right man at the right time to own the Post.

Thank you for mentioning that @golding76  I knew he had taken over WaPo but I haven't seen the interview, I'll look for it.

Honored Contributor

Noel, it appeared in September of the year he purchased it, if I recall.   I tried to retrieve it and could not find it.  Loved that interview so much that I cut it out and stuck it on one of the walls of my cubicle, after yellow-highlighting the wisdom he offered.  Amazing.

Offhand, I don't recall what year he bought the Post.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Noel, it appeared in September of the year he purchased it, if I recall.   I tried to retrieve it and could not find it.  Loved that interview so much that I cut it out and stuck it on one of the walls of my cubicle, after yellow-highlighting the wisdom he offered.  Amazing.

Offhand, I don't recall what year he bought the Post.

Thanks again @golding76  I'll look for it.  I agree, the WaPo has really changed, closer to what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

"The death knell for any enterprise is to glorify the past - no matter how good it was."

These were Bezos's words that leaped out at me from that interview.  I found them mixed up with other quotes.  Now to find that interview.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

"The death knell for any enterprise is to glorify the past - no matter how good it was."

These were Bezos's words that leaped out at me from that interview.  I found them mixed up with other quotes.  Now to find that interview.

Thought provoking Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Found the interview!  Here is the link to it.  September 2013  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/jeff-bezos-to-his-future-washington-post-journalists-put-the-...

I also loved "All businesses need to be forever young."

Honored Contributor

fast @Re: JEFF BEZOS: The World's Richest Man

Wow that was fast @golding76 !

I'll read it now.

Honored Contributor

Re: fast @Re: JEFF BEZOS: The World's Richest Man

Nuts, it won't let me in.  I was a part of WaPo for years when my daughter lived in DC, now it's subscription only and just gives me access to three articles. 

Maybe I can get it by way of my daughter, I'll come up with something Smiley Happy