Esteemed Contributor

JCP jacket shipped with Security Ink Tag -- suggestions

A lovely velvet blazer I bought at JCP online arrived with the security ink tag.

3 calls to Customer Care later I have no solution.  Transfered to supervisor and then disconnected.

So annoying!

Short of returning it to the store, has anyone successfully removed one of these?  I've never heard/seen an Ink Tag, but it is a huge plastic disc attached front and back.

Respected Contributor

Re: JCP jacket shipped with Security Ink Tag -- suggestions

Years ago I was on maternity leave but had an interview so I bought a dress, interview morning i found that it still had the security tag so my husband successfuly removed it.  It has happened to me a few more times with online orders and I take them in to the store to have them removed.  The ink part would scare me but if it bursts when removing you could return?

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Post it on their social media page with a photo and you should get a resolution- pronto. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Not a social media participant (other than here), so that's not going to work Cat Sad

I'm pretty sure I'll just have to get it back to the store which is about 30 minutes away.

Not the END of the world, but I bought it online specificaly because I did not want to go to the Mall.  

Oh, well.  Life goes on.  If this is my biggest problem this week, I'll feel lucky Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  - why don't you move this thread to the fashion thread.  Maybe someone will have an answer for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Yes....I started to post there and then got sidetracked, so it ended up here Cat LOL

It's OK for now.  I've pretty much decided it's got to go back to the store.

The tag warns of "personal injury" if removed, so I'm not touching it Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

some may not do this.. but i would take my receipt to another dept. store and tell them where you got it, and that there are no jcp around anymore.. it will take 5 seconds.. maybe they will take it off for you.. worth a try! i would if i worked in a store...
Esteemed Contributor

@bonnie f 

There is a JCP within 30 minutes, so I can return it there since there aren't any closer clothing stores.

Esteemed Contributor

That happens occasionally. If you don't want to drive to the store, order another one online and return the one with the sensor.

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman search on YouTube on how to remove the security tag. There's lots of videos to show you how.

This has actually happened to me twice over the last 5 years or so from  2 different eBay sellers.

Once with a Muk Luks scarf and once with a pair of Skechers.

Both times I had to use a lighter to melt part of the security tag and it popped right off.

Makes me wonder if the items I bought were stolen. Woman Indifferent