Esteemed Contributor

Re: JB- Today Show w/Hoda + Jenna

[ Edited ]

I have always liked Jill's presentations.  I do not watch Hoda and Jenna show, so have not seen her. But maybe the word 'expert' is a bit overstated.   Maybe another word like 'life style resource' or 'life style hints'. 

But I do think almost anybody who lives in a household - doing laundry, maintaining relationships, marketing, cooking/feeding, decorating, entertaining, budgeting, caring for others - is a life style expert. 

We all have our own unique life style, but most manage well within our own strengths!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never much cared for Jill so tended to avoid her shows. She was an adequate host but I never assumed her to be an 'expert' on anything and still don't. I get it, she's trying to stay relevant and to continue bringing in an income, but her having sold any number of household, decorative and food related items does not make her a font of home and entertaining wisdom.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I've always had mixed feelings about Jill. Just when I think I like her, she pats herself on the back for something & comes across as being so full of herself. But I do have to admit that she knows how to "market" herself & she's very good in front of the camera.
Esteemed Contributor

Does she get paid for her segments on the Hoda and Jenna show? Just wondering if that is a paid gig, or if you are just supposed to be thrilled to be there and on TV.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as I know, Jill is a paid contributor on The Today show.  I'm sure she's not doing this for free.

Jill seems to have done very well for herself since leaving QVC.  What she is doing is really no different than many of the YouTubers who make a very good living putting up videos and have been given the title of guru or influencer. 

Not only does she do the Today show on a regular basis, she has a blog and she has joined former Mizzou alumni in presenting advisory webinars. 

It doesn't really matter what Jill went to school for.  Many people attend college and then get a job outside of their degree.  Sometimes life experiences are better than any college degree you can get.   I personally am not a chef and Jill doesn't claim to be a chef either.  I like simple and easy recipes.  The more simple the better.  

Rachel Ray also has no formal Culinary Arts training.  I'm betting there are others.  

Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
I've always had mixed feelings about Jill. Just when I think I like her, she pats herself on the back for something & comes across as being so full of herself. But I do have to admit that she knows how to "market" herself & she's very good in front of the camera.

@bobby5 At least she is full of herself and not, uh, "Other" stuff I could think of.  I never had a problem watching her. 

Honored Contributor

@bobby5  I tend to agree, the self-congratulatory stuff got very old very fast.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...