Honored Contributor

JANUARY WAS THE MOST RELAXING MONTH

As we enter Feb., I am thinking about the no “to do” lists of Jan. There are no holidays in Jan. No gifts lists, nothing to buy or wrap. No trips to the card store unless your family has birthdays in January. There are no lawns to mow, my roses and other flowering shrubs are cut back to sticks..nothing to do there. Outside chores like painting the porch rockers, planting the window boxes? Too cold and can wait until spring.

I think the only thing I need to remember is filling the bird feeder. 

Honored Contributor

Re: JANUARY WAS THE MOST RELAXING MONTH

I agree that Jan and Feb and even March for us are some welcomed down time outdoors, but January in particular is a huge month for purging and spring cleaning here.

I ache all over after washing walls, all the curtains, all the bed linens, windows etc. Just finished last night at 3:30 am as I was in the middle of the last leg of it all, and was determined not to stop till it was finished!

I think I will try to make February MY most relaxing month!

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I agree that Jan and Feb and even March for us are some welcomed down time outdoors, but January in particular is a huge month for purging and spring cleaning here.

I ache all over after washing walls, all the curtains, all the bed linens, windows etc. Just finished last night at 3:30 am as I was in the middle of the last leg of it all, and was determined not to stop till it was finished!

I think I will try to make February MY most relaxing month!

You are my mother's kind of woman.  She was so immaculate, and I remember many times she would tell me how she was tired because she was washing walls. 

Unfortunately, I don't have her standards or her energy.  But her standards are always there haunting me.  I know sometimes I will look at something that needs cleaning (like the oven) and just say to myself "Mommy would be so disgusted."

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio Good golly miss molly...how can you work into the night like that?I am so jealous of your stamina.I am sorry that I won't be able to invite you to my house unless it is an evening visit when I have my lights low.

Respected Contributor

Many states have snow and ice issues all winter--not everyone can relax.

Honored Contributor

I agree. Between my cataract surgery that is over and DH  surgery yesterday,  now our schedule is  open for several months....nothing planned,hopefully nothing unexpected!🙏🏻😮

Honored Contributor

Too cold  ,i just freeze any more.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

January was a stay inside month for me. It was quite cold and with so many reports of the flu, I didn't go out much.  February will be the month I try to spend as little as possible. Will use our gift cards from Christmas to buy gas, groceries and dine out.