Esteemed Contributor

Yes, James is a hero in every sense of the word. Yet, he doesn't seem to see himself as such. I really think he should get some sort of award. No telling how many lives he saved. I'm afraid I'd have been frozen with fear.

Esteemed Contributor

A true hero!! He saved a lot of lives!!  People like James make me proud & give me hope for the future!!

Respected Contributor

Re: JAMES SHAW jr.

[ Edited ]

I won't call James a hero because he doesn't want to be called that so I'll call him a honest man who values his life & acted to save himself & in turn saved others. I'm so impressed by him, I wish him all the best! Prayers for those who were killed & injuried in thiis cowardly act... it's hard to find the words.

Valued Contributor

@corita, The President of Waffle House was at the local new conference and stated how thankful he is for James' act of courage.  He went over and gave James a big hug.  It was so touching!!!!

I'm sure WH will give James a nice reward of some kind.  He truly deserves it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@JCF wrote:

@corita, The President of Waffle House was at the local new conference and stated how thankful he is for James' act of courage.  He went over and gave James a big hug.  It was so touching!!!!

I'm sure WH will give James a nice reward of some kind.  He truly deserves it!!!

-----------------

Yes, I saw that footage on TV.  James seems to be such a kind, humble man!! 

Still hopeful that James will get an award or free food for his valor!!  Don't know if this applies to James, but maybe funds for college or future expenses?????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As of the last few minutes, the shooter has been captured.

A senseless crime, a demonstrably seriously disturbed young man with a list of inexplicable behavior, a parent who did not appear to understand the needs of his adult child, a legal/mental health system stressed to manage such cases with fairness to all involved.........a tragedy.

And most certainly, the emergence of a humble honest hero!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

As of the last few minutes, the shooter has been captured.

A senseless crime, a demonstrably seriously disturbed young man with a list of inexplicable behavior, a parent who did not appear to understand the needs of his adult child, a legal/mental health system stressed to manage such cases with fairness to all involved.........a tragedy.

And most certainly, the emergence of a humble honest hero!

Great, and his dad needs to  have charges against him,for giving the guns back to him,after the white house   incident.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I saw on the Today Show this morning that he started an online campaign to help the victims' families. So far $70,000 has been raised.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw where a Nashville judge gave the shooter a $2MM Bond.

With only 10% ($200,000), this killer could be out walking the streets.

Sounds like a lot of money, but for someone w/ an agenda,

they could make it happen.

James Shaw, Jr...bless his heart. 

Must be unsettling hearing this news. 

UPDATE:

The judge just revoked the Bail due to public pressure.

Thank Goodness.

2D85C404-B129-4C88-A8F1-653A43233132.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

I saw on the Today Show this morning that he started an online campaign to help the victims' families. So far $70,000 has been raised.

There is also A GOFUNDME page set up for Mr. Shaw himself now, up to $60,000, with many celebs donating.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/24/james-shaw-jr-waffle-house-hero-kristin-davis-jon-cryer/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.