Valued Contributor

Re: 😳😮😲 J&J Vaccine Boo-Boo! 😦😧😷

[ Edited ]

@Marp  None of the Vaccines are FDA APPROVED..They are really not Vaccines.They are Experimental Gene Therapy. Shots.Not fully tested and because of that they have no clue if there are any LONG TERM Effects on our Immune systems or our bodies...I will not be a Guinea Pig..I will wait and see...BUT hey this is just my opinion. Get it if you feel comfortable..I don't..and I am 68yrs old. Fortunately for me I do not take any medications and I have never had a Flu shot or in all my years have I ever had the Flu.So with that said..I'll Pass

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Marp  Non of the Vaccines are FDA APPROVED..They are really not Vaccines.They are Experimental Gene Therapy. Shots.Not fully tested and because of that they have no clue if there are any LONG TERM Effects on our Immune systems or our bodies...I will not be a Guinea Pig..I will wait and see...BUT hey this is just my opinion. Get it if you feel comfortable..I don't..and I am 68yrs old. Fortunately for me I do not take any medications and I have never had a Flu shot or in all my years have I ever had the Flu.So with that said..I'll Pass

@Alexa6352,  my post referenced the manufacturing facility not yet being approved by the FDA for the covid vaccine not the vaccine itself.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Marp  Non of the Vaccines are FDA APPROVED..They are really not Vaccines.They are Experimental Gene Therapy. Shots.Not fully tested and because of that they have no clue if there are any LONG TERM Effects on our Immune systems or our bodies...I will not be a Guinea Pig..I will wait and see...BUT hey this is just my opinion. Get it if you feel comfortable..I don't..and I am 68yrs old. Fortunately for me I do not take any medications and I have never had a Flu shot or in all my years have I ever had the Flu.So with that said..I'll Pass

@Alexa6352 I feel the same way.  I only got the flu shot 3 or 4 times back in the 90s when my kids were young and we flew to Florida to visit grandparents.  At the time I figured that it was the flu season and being confined on a plane we had a better chance of catching it.  

My DH used to get it every year at work and it was free for him.  However I decided to stop getting it and never get the flu.  I do on occasion get a bad cold but noticed it's usually under certain conditions....between November & January and I'm usually more stressed than usual.

I have decided to take a more natural approach by taking certain supplements and not letting myself get stressed and overdoing too much.  I rarely have a problem now but of course nothing is fool proof.

Honored Contributor

I got my first vaccine towards the beginning of March.  I go for my second next Friday.

I signed up for the vaccine through our county board of health.  I had to answer several questions for them to verify I qualified for the vaccine.  One of the questions I was asked was if I had insurance. I answered yes and that was as far as it went.  I was never asked for the provider or any numbers nor did I have to present my card when I was given the vaccine.

To date, my insurance has not been billed for anything related to my vaccine and I'm not sure how they could be.

Valued Contributor

@Marp  Well with that said..I would worry more about the FACT that the Vaccine is not FDA Approved.

Super Contributor

@Alexa6352 

These are ACTUAL vaccines.  It is not experimental gene therapy!  Stop spreading false information on here!  Vaccines are saving lives whether you like it or not.  Good grief!

The mRNA technology has been in the works for over 10 years, this wasn't a last minute thing developed last year.  

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@Alexa6352 

These are ACTUAL vaccines.  It is not experimental gene therapy!  Stop spreading false information on here!  Vaccines are saving lives whether you like it or not.  Good grief!

The mRNA technology has been in the works for over 10 years, this wasn't a last minute thing developed last year.  

I understand not wanting to get vaccinated. That's a personal decision. But I don't understand anyone's need to try to influence others to join them. They seem to be making an emotional case, appealing to fear of the unknown.

I can't debate someone's feelings about chemicals or their lack of trust in authority figures. No one can.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

The only good thing about this unfortunate mix up is that no one has to pay for their mistake.  Imagine all of that money wasted, that they have to redo all of that vaccine now!  They have to make it right ~ not us, thank goodness.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

My insurance is AETNA Medicare. They were billed $59.95 for “Covid19 vaccination”. My husband and I got our vaccines thru our local hospitals; we went to different sites. My vaccine administration was billed but his wasn’t as yet. They are both private. If you go thru a department of health or mega site, maybe there is no charge. But, private entities had to get special freezers, hire extra staff, purchase extra PPE and vaccine supplies. There was considerable IT work as well. So there is cost to the administrators & it’s no easy task. I won’t begrudge the small charge for such an important service.
Honored Contributor

We were also relenting about the vaccine for all the same reasons here, but now there are issues in my office and I will feel more comfy being there if I am vaccinated, also all our friends have been and so if we want ot be together we should be vaccinated as well, also my kids would prefer we get it too.  One vaccine Iwould not be without is Shingrix, shingles is horrible!!!