Respected Contributor

Re: 😳😮😲 J&J Vaccine Boo-Boo! 😦😧😷

I got the J&J vax on 3/13 & have had no problem.  It was so hard to get an appt in my county, so I made the appt without knowing which vax I'd be getting.  I thought I'd be getting the 1st dose of one of the other ones, but they only had the J&J. 

I've heard that a lot of the side affects have happened to younger folks with robust immune systems.  I guess my immune system is old & tired, because other than my arm being slightly sore for a day or so, nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I got the J&J vax on 3/13 & have had no problem.  It was so hard to get an appt in my county, so I made the appt without knowing which vax I'd be getting.  I thought I'd be getting the 1st dose of one of the other ones, but they only had the J&J. 

I've heard that a lot of the side affects have happened to younger folks with robust immune systems.  I guess my immune system is old & tired, because other than my arm being slightly sore for a day or so, nothing.

@aubnwa01  .... I also want the J&J vaccine... I don’t want to have to go back for the second shot ... ... good luck to you & stay well😉

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nuttmeg  These vaccines are FREE.  Does not matter if you have ins or not.  So are you saying CVS will turn away uninsured folks?

This is what I do not understand.  If vaccines are FREE, why do certain places need ins info?  confused.gif

I think that everyplace asks for your insurance info *if* you have it so they can bill your insurance.    So though CVS asks for insurance info, if you don't have insurance you can still get the vax.  That is my understanding anyway.

@Mz iMac

The shot is free, but what I read insurance is billed an administrative fee for giving the vaccine. 

I know at county and state sites you are not asked for insurance info just ID. 

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@January121  @KKJ 

The vaccines are safe and effective.  Totally your choice to choose what is best for you, but this hasn't been pushed out by politicians.  Real medical science built these vaccines and they work!!!  

I had my first Pfizer last week and had no side effects whatsoever.  It was truly a relief to get my first shot and start to feel safer, especially when so many continue to have tantrums over wearing masks.  

@minimalistWF   What does the "real medical science" have to say about "the vaccines being safe" long term? I'm referring to months to a few years down the road.

If you know of any studies I would like to see it.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I got the Moderna. Going for my 2nd shot 4/5. My local CVS giving them...but so were many other sites in my area, that just happened to be where they took me first.

If they had said it would be the J&J I was going to rebook with someone giving either Moderna or Pfizer. That was because when I Googled all of them for their effecacy, both Moderna and Pfizer were in the 90-something % effecacy. About 97-98% as I recall.

J&J was 40-something. At least when I researched it. I could be wrong but that's what I read. 

@amyb - the flu shot doesn't have the efficacy rate of Pfizer or Moderna but highly effective.  J&J is supposedly more effective against variants as the study was large and conducted in other countries including SA, Brazil & UK.  I must confess I searched for the Pfizer vaccine and that's what we received.  I think the J&J should be used for individuals who are difficult to reach or for those who may not come back for dose #2 like the homeless, prisons, migrant populations.  Also, young health people with robust immune systems should be offered J&J.  And, there are those who have a serious phobia to needles.  Unfortunately, the vaccines released came at different times during a pandemic crisis so they couldn't be targeted but could later in the year.  I know the Visiting Nurses have administered J&J to home bound seniors in our building.   J&J is near 70% efficacy I believe.  But, bottom line, it prevents serious illness.  

I am disconcerted about the ingredient mix up as that will certainly undermine confidence in those on the fence regarding the  vaccine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

The news reports I've heard on this stressed that the involved manufacturing plant has NOT been certified by the FDA for manufacturing the vaccine and NONE of the J&J vaccine used in the U.S. has been manufactured there.

The product didn’t pass quality control.  That is why facilities have those departments.  Bet if the same thing happens to anything other than the Covid vaccine would have nevervhit the news.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nuttmeg  These vaccines are FREE.  Does not matter if you have ins or not.  So are you saying CVS will turn away uninsured folks?

This is what I do not understand.  If vaccines are FREE, why do certain places need ins info?  confused.gif

I think that everyplace asks for your insurance info *if* you have it so they can bill your insurance.    So though CVS asks for insurance info, if you don't have insurance you can still get the vax.  That is my understanding anyway.

@Nuttmeg - the vaccines are free to you but insurance companies pay for the vaccine and administration.  AETNA was billed $59.95 for mine ( which is rather low).  There are special programs for the uninsured.  No one is turned away.   Basically, we pay in terms of our premiums which most likely will increase.  Also, the government purchased the vaccines & that is our taxes.  So we do pay just not out of pocket. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nuttmeg - the vaccines are free to you but insurance companies pay for the vaccine and administration.  AETNA was billed $59.95 for mine ( which is rather low).  There are special programs for the uninsured.  No one is turned away.   Basically, we pay in terms of our premiums which most likely will increase.  Also, the government purchased the vaccines & that is our taxes.  So we do pay just not out of pocket. 

Who is your insurance company paying for the vaccine?  It was purchased by the government to be given free to its citizens.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Who is your insurance company paying for the vaccine?  It was purchased by the government to be given free to its citizens.  

@CrazyDaisy  From what I've read the insurance company gets billed for the person administering the vaccine. Not for the vaccine itself which is free.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because contains an inappropriate picture.