Honored Contributor

J. Coffey went to Iceland - very cool

I've always wanted to go to Iceland and see that Jennifer Coffey just vacationed there according to her Facebook posts.  So cool.  (Is that a pun?)

I was wondering if some of you had a favorite vacation spot or two you have not yet visited.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Re: J. Coffey went to Iceland - very cool

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FREE?  In a place that's at the top of my list?  Now that is extra cool.  Thank you, @surfk!!

p.s.  I am always excited by places that have refreshing air.  Awesome!

p.p.s.  I actually do like herring so I guess I'm good to go.

Esteemed Contributor

Was to Scandinavia and Iceland last year...Iceland was nice but I loved Norway and Denmark.  I had 2 destinations left on my bucket list.  In 2013 I crossed South Africa and safaris off my list.  Next  year in January, we will be going to Australia, NZ and South Pacific Islands which is the end of my bucket list. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know who that is, but it definitely sounds like a cool place to go!  Any place that sounds cold appeals to me, though.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Stray  Those trips sound wonderful.  I hope you relished every moment!

New Zealand is high on my list, too.  And even more so after seeing some of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Respected Contributor

On a flight home from Scandinavia, they asked for volunteers to give up their seats on the final leg, Iceland to JFK.  We decided what the heck.  They paid for 2 nights at a nice hotel and gave us each a voucher.  It was summer so the weather was nice.  It was an interesting place to spend a few free days.

Honored Contributor

I get myself all heped up about going some where out of the country and then I see what it takes there and I back out.LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Homegirl, I did....I loved Africa....I did the lion walk with three teenage lions which was the highlight and of course, the people are very spiritual....I love animals and am looking forward to the koalas and "the Roos" 

Respected Contributor

I have been to many interesting parts of the world, but there are two spots left on my bucket list that I have not seen.  One is Victoria, Canada and the other is Israel.  Hope to make it to both some day.

i've not been to Iceland, but those that have seem to always enjoy themselves.