Esteemed Contributor

It was 101° here in Minneapolis yesterday with very, very high humidity. I'm not complaining though. It seems as if while the east coast was being pounded with winter storms, we had a relatively enjoyable winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

DFW here. 

@DrBabs 

Are you familiar with shorthand? I can do it quite well, but most probably would not know what I was saying, similar to Morse Code or the Telegraph.

Shorthand took a lot of hours/days/years to become proficient. It's reason for being introduced? To allow copying things said verbally very quickly and accurately. It however, could not be deciphered by most who read it.

Enter Cell Phone Lingo. Unless one is still a teen, or spends more hours on a cell phone, than every other activity in their daily life? There are still those of us that have yet to decipher each individuals personal Cell Phone Lingo Codes. 

I seriously doubt that most that post here quite often are overly rushed in much of their daily life. To that end I wonder ? why some choose to use Cell Phone Lingo(also copied/called Texting Lingo) when posting of these forums!

I really believe there are many that want  people unfamiliar with their Code, like myself, to ask. What does ftuxcpurw mean, or convey in the English language?

Anyone that wants to tell me what I am missing, other than speed/being hip, or just plain want to leave some of us here guessing what their LETTERS, in lieu of full typed words, mean. I am listening for anyone that wants to take time to type a believable counter to my post!

The b is specifically addressed to: @DrBabs 

By the By. DFW?

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Today is 100º and in a few days they have days listed as 104º.   55º what a blessing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

It's been colder than normal this winter, spring, and summer so far here in South Jersey. Weather does what it does.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

It's been colder than normal this winter, spring, and summer so far here in South Jersey. Weather does what it does.

@gardenman 

Yep, one of our meterologist brought out a chart and showed that there have been up and down cycles in weather going back to the earliest records---mid 1800's---these are all weather cycles that happen all the time.....some heatwaves/some below normal cold seasons/some droughts/flooding/etc etc......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Its 55 degrees today

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn , I think DFW means Dallas Fort Worth area. If that's not correct, I don't know what else it would be. 

I use abbreviations myself at times, but it would help to spell things out occasionally. People must be in a hurry where they have no time to spell things out.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

@hckynutjohn   DFW is Dallas-Ft. Worth. I do not know shorthand -- attempted to learn it back in high school but gave up!