Honored Contributor

55 and we won't break 60 today.  Hubby got up in the middle of the night to close windows.  We live south of Boston and will be at our daughter's house today in Newport RI.  It's our Father's Day celebration which we thought would be a beachy day.  Instead it's it will feel more like mid October.  No doubt the guys will have the grill going but festivities will be inside. I can't recall it ever being so unseasonably chilly on Father's Day.  6/19 was also my late sister's birthday and we were always outside for her party.  Missing her today.  She would have hated this cold...lol.  I have a chicken pot pie in the oven and I switched out the summer outfits for sweatshirts/tees/jeans for me and hubby.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree I'm in western mass and we've climbed up to 62.   Windy too.  Yesterday was also a terrible day.   Hope the summer improves.   Happy Father's Day to your hubby and enjoy your celebration.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in upstate NY and actually had to turn on the heat, after the A/C had been on for a month. I just hope my HVAC doesn't have a nervous breakdown with all this switching back and forth.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful in New Jersey 64 degrees today.

Cool Gold Text Effect Happy Father's Day GIF

Super Contributor

That temp sounds so nice. We just got through a horrible heat wave this past week over 100 degree temps. It's going to come again this week for us in upstate SC. However, this morning was 59, and it's to get to 86 today. Not bad.

Happy Father's Day! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Its 55 degrees today

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

55 and we won't break 60 today.  Hubby got up in the middle of the night to close windows.  We live south of Boston and will be at our daughter's house today in Newport RI.  It's our Father's Day celebration which we thought would be a beachy day.  Instead it's it will feel more like mid October.  No doubt the guys will have the grill going but festivities will be inside. I can't recall it ever being so unseasonably chilly on Father's Day.  6/19 was also my late sister's birthday and we were always outside for her party.  Missing her today.  She would have hated this cold...lol.  I have a chicken pot pie in the oven and I switched out the summer outfits for sweatshirts/tees/jeans for me and hubby.  

@chrystaltree 

I'll tell ya what ----we'll make a trade you can have our 99 and expected 102 and 103 all this week here in South Texas and this continuing heat wave (our normal is usually 93) and we'll be more than happy to take your 55 degree weather....DEAL??? 😁

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in RI and don't mind this cool weather one bit!   Hazy hot and humid is only around the corner, don't worry.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Its 55 degrees today

[ Edited ]

It's 64 right now 11:20 am in southeastern, PA.   It should go up to 72 by late afternoon.

It's remarkable how hot and dry it's been out west in a lot of areas, yet the northeast has been very pleasant so far (we have gotten a lot of rain!).  There was one weekend in May where it was in the 90s. My brother who lives in the St. Louis area told me that everyday it was over 100 for a week!

I think it's supposed to be in the upper 80s when I go to the shore this week.

ETA: Nope!  I was wrong...it's only going to be in the mid 70s this week.

Trusted Contributor

I'm loving this weather. but its nuts im in pa and it was 93 here on  friday. and this weekend its windy and 70.. perfect out though i think. this coming week its going to get into the high 80's.. i like it when you dont need air conditioning and i can just open windows.. and this is perfect sleeping weather. i actually woke up at like 5 am and it was chilly in my house..

Respected Contributor

We are watching the US Open. The players are wearing sweaters and playing more erratically than normal. Perhaps your weather is the explanation in addition to the difficulty of the course.

Enjoy the cooler weather. We just got a $400 electric bill for our place in West Texas. We are not there much this time of year and have the thermostat set higher than usual. I cannot imagine the bills some must be receiving who are at home using appliances and running the A/C a lot.