Respected Contributor

Re: It was okay when I stepped away to listen and watch

If you're checking out YouTube, please check out Kim and Reggie Harris. They are truly inspirational.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry someone ruined your thread, RCG. I didn't see it, but I'm not surprised. We all know by now that it's the goal of a handful of posters to show up here and see what they can derail, who they can try to upset, how they can inflame and incite. That's sad for them. And it makes it hard for us, but I'm glad the good folks here (the vast majority!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}) don't allow it to cause permanent damage.

This thread, and the other one, are great! And there will be other great threads when these are gone, right?

Thanks for the music/video info.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/7/2015 dooBdoo said:

I'm sorry someone ruined your thread, RCG. I didn't see it, but I'm not surprised. We all know by now that it's the goal of a handful of posters to show up here and see what they can derail, who they can try to upset, how they can inflame and incite. That's sad for them. And it makes it hard for us, but I'm glad the good folks here (the vast majority!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}) don't allow it to cause permanent damage.

This thread, and the other one, are great! And there will be other great threads when these are gone, right?

The two threads were nice ... but both are on their last leg.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 SoX said:

I'm sorry someone ruined your thread, <em>RCG</em>. I didn't see it, but I'm not surprised. We all know by now that it's the goal of a handful of posters to show up here and see what they can derail, who they can try to upset, how they can inflame and incite. That's sad for them. And it makes it hard for us, but I'm glad the good folks here (the vast majority!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}) don't allow it to cause permanent damage.

The two threads were nice ... but both are on their last leg.

I agree. It's sad that a few posters can't ignore the bait.

Anyway, thanks for both threads. We'll do it again another day.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

It wasn't my thread, but I was reading it and contributing. I went to watch the President's speech and when I returned, the whole thread was gone.

Honored Contributor

Missed it.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Some will say speeches are only words but do nothing. They inspire and possibly cause change for the future. Thanks to those speeches in the 1960's I could marry my husband. I am white from Wyoming and he is Black. I could have my two children and my grandson. My office where I work has a Deputy Director who is Black, three managers who are black, and numerous supervisors who are Black. I praise all the many people like John Lewis and so many others who worked so hard for change. Yes we are not done but we have come a long way and I still look forward to more change.

I doubt many will see this post of mine because it will be deleted soon but I pray some do and it gives them food for thought.

Honored Contributor

There's tons of bigots everywhere. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

And an increasing number, unfortunately. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Esteemed Contributor

Today's speeches will live long after we're gone.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Dell said:

Some will say speeches are only words but do nothing. They inspire and possibly cause change for the future. Thanks to those speeches in the 1960's I could marry my husband. I am white from Wyoming and he is Black. I could have my two children and my grandson. My office where I work has a Deputy Director who is Black, three managers who are black, and numerous supervisors who are Black. I praise all the many people like John Lewis and so many others who worked so hard for change. Yes we are not done but we have come a long way and I still look forward to more change.

I doubt many will see this post of mine because it will be deleted soon but I pray some do and it gives them food for thought.

Bless you both - and the branches that grew from your love. {#emotions_dlg.wub}