Esteemed Contributor

Re: It should not be celebrated...

@151949 wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@151949

Seriously?  Personally I've never known anyone who is older , and is very thin who wasn't also pretty crazy. 

That's what I just said.

I know and I was asking if you were serious that you have never known a thin older person who was not pretty crazy.

Honestly, I can't think of one. 

That is a terribly hateful statement!  Not all older people are fat and they are not crazy!

Valued Contributor

@Anita Hug,please accept my condolences. Also please know when my husband was over 500lbs he was hurt  constantly.I mentioned it to someone they said he isn't hurt enough to drop the lbs is he,he better toughen up..People are cruel but they are not the majority.I wish I could give you a hug in person...but alas only over the lines...Bless you for being so caring

..Hugs...MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

@Anita Hug...I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

As for the ignorant jerk that commented on your buying ice cream? People like that are clueless and misguided zealots who usually are hungry and want ice cream. They think it is their mission in life to convert you to some eating plan that makes them so miserable they find safety in numbers. Ignore them. Not worth your time.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Qshopper1991  You have no right to judge everyone else and assign your own neurosis to all of them. Personally I've never known anyone who is older , and is very thin who wasn't also pretty crazy. Just my experience. There are a lot of posters on this board who think they are perfect but it is easy to see from their posts that they actually have an eating disorder. 

@151949, what the what? Did you read what you wrote here? Forget the differing views on this thread; this is just absurd.

This may be yet another of this person's posts that she likes to call stirring everyone up. If it's not and how she really feels,  I fear she is having some serious problems of her own.

Okay, you shamed me, @Ms tyrion2. :-) Maybe a glitch in the hardware?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bigots always come with an excuse for their prejudices.  Even if  the excuse is as ridiculous as this one is.  In what world would a picture on a magazine cover convince  anyone that they should gain 100lbs?   The fact is you don't like fat people and it frosted your butt to see a fat woman on the cover of  major magazine....and a beauty and style magazine at that. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm not too crazy about the tattoos....

I'm not either....lol   But now I see that I was right.  OP just didn't like that a plus size women was on the cover of magazine and she was made up, dressed up and showing her stuff just like all the other Cosmo cover girls.  She's very pretty too.     

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this yet in this long thread:

when people are criticized for their appearance, it is much harder for them to make the changes they may wish to make on their way to the improvements they want.  

Gawd..lol   You really don't get it.  That's sad.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this yet in this long thread:

when people are criticized for their appearance, it is much harder for them to make the changes they may wish to make on their way to the improvements they want.  

Gawd..lol   You really don't get it.  That's sad.

@chrystaltree, what doesn't @GingerPeach get? I thought it was a very kind comment.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I think Homegirl meant that criticism causes people to get disouraged and feel like there's no use in trying.  If that's what she meant, imo she's right.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Qshopper1991  You have no right to judge everyone else and assign your own neurosis to all of them. Personally I've never known anyone who is older , and is very thin who wasn't also pretty crazy. Just my experience. There are a lot of posters on this board who think they are perfect but it is easy to see from their posts that they actually have an eating disorder. 

@151949, what the what? Did you read what you wrote here? Forget the differing views on this thread; this is just absurd.

This may be yet another of this person's posts that she likes to call stirring everyone up. If it's not and how she really feels,  I fear she is having some serious problems of her own.

Okay, you shamed me, @Ms tyrion2. :-) Maybe a glitch in the hardware?

A total electrical failure I think.  😁