Valued Contributor

It’s the 4th of July….

[ Edited ]

1976...the Bicentennial. What were you doing to celebrate? 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

We had a block party and made our own decorations for our bicycles. It was potluck so everyone brought different foods each evening for the week. We ran through the sprinklers and had Sparklers when it got dark. 

Honored Contributor

Re: It’s the 4th of July….

I don't remember what I did but I recall my mom riding on a float in a parade dressed like Betsy Ross.  This was in a Philly suburb.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This is easy. I was attending an Elvis concert at the Mabee Center, Tulsa, OK, with my two sisters and brother in law.

July 4, 1976

Respected Contributor

I was stood up by the hottest guy I knew. I was waiting at the pizza place in our little town with the Bicenntenial celebration going on & he never showed.

Mom made me stop waiting on him & go home.

I cried a million tears.

Honored Contributor

I was 4 months pregnant w/my first child (Bicentennial baby) so probably not much.  I really don't remember. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HonestLife 

July 4, 1976. I haven't a clue, other than I lived alone in my apartment at the time. Now if you want, I can tell you what I was doing on June 8, 1974.  

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Rode the horse, played badminton on the lawn, we made ice cream and grilled burgers, ate watermelon (including the horses), and shot fireworks off in the driveway!  

Esteemed Contributor

It was fantastic. The block my folks lived on had a huge every house is welcome to participate block party that still lingers in my mind.  I was working for a hotel at the time and there were plenty of events going on. The place where I worked at that time had events going. The city had lots of things, but nothing beat the fireworks.

Visual search query image  

Honored Contributor

No clue, it was 46 years ago and I was a kid.   A lifetime ago.  

Regular Contributor

Not much....I wasn't born yet.