Honored Contributor

Re: It's summer! What was your worst sunburn?

My worst sunburns both happened in dry desert heat. The absolutely worst one was in Aruba, not only did I get sunburned but I broke out in a bad heat rash that had little white bumps. I also was extremely nauseous and couldn't eat dinner that night.

The second was when I lived in New Mexico, I was always used to the humidity on the east coast and I turned nut brown and my skin was very sensitive for awhile.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My worst sunburns both happened in dry desert heat. The absolutely worst one was in Aruba, not only did I get sunburned but I broke out in a bad heat rash that had little white bumps. I also was extremely nauseous and couldn't eat dinner that night.

The second was when I lived in New Mexico, I was always used to the humidity on the east coast and I turned nut brown and my skin was very sensitive for awhile.

Panama sent me to the doctor's office.  I've never experienced tat ever again.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

First off I'll just say that I am very very fair and at the time I was pretty dumb. It was around 1984 and I was at my friend's boathouse on the Mississippi River. I was sitting off the dock with "NO SUNSCREEN"  I was out there for about 3 hours and ended up with sun poisoning. Needless to say I never ever went out in the sun without sunscreen again.