Honored Contributor

It's snowing out west in the Rockies

Is this early in she season or about normal for the first snow. They are predicting about 6 inches

Do you think there  will be a hard winter where you live?. My area is predicted to have a mild one, but the almanac is often wrong

Honored Contributor

Re: It's snowing out west in the Rockies

[ Edited ]

YAY!! I say bring it! I live in Colorado and we already had snow here a few weeks ago. Pike's Peak was snow capped and it was so beautiful!

Respected Contributor

Yikes!  I hope that isn't a bad sign.  I live in NE Ohio, and we had a really mild winter last year after having a really bad one the year before.  I'm spoiled, and I just can't fathom fighting my way to work in snow storms again!  Has anyone seen any long term predictions for my area?

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Wow, after a few days of fall weather, it is back in the 90's here today, I hate hot weather!!!Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Yikes!  I hope that isn't a bad sign.  I live in NE Ohio, and we had a really mild winter last year after having a really bad one the year before.  I'm spoiled, and I just can't fathom fighting my way to work in snow storms again!  Has anyone seen any long term predictions for my area?

Channel 8 was supposed to give the long term forecast yesterday at the Woollybear Festival but I didn't go so I didn't hear it. I would think since they announced it yesterday, it should be on the local news shortly. 

Honored Contributor

It is October.  Snow fall in October is probably normal for that part of the country, at that elevation.  I haven't seen any predictions for winter yet.  Not that it matters.  In 56 years, I've never lived thorugh a winter that had no snow and an average temperature of 60 degress.  Not here in New England.  All winters are cold, snowy, icy and dark.  Some years, more so than others but there is no such thing as a mild winter here.

Honored Contributor

Some of the ski resorts here have fired up their snow guns. I can't wait to hit the slopes. Last year's season was excellent with a lot of fresh powder. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought I heard the Weather Channel say that the Wolf Creek Ski Resort (Colorado) had reported an inch of snow on Sept 29,2 016.  It was the first for the season.  I remember only because it was my father's birthday.  

Regular Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Is this early in she season or about normal for the first snow. They are predicting about 6 inches

I thought swearing wasn't allowed on the forum. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm a couple of states west of there and we got some snow overnight.

YAY!   Not much at my house, though, but I can see it all the way down the mountains that I can see from my window.

It was just under freezing temp when I got up this morning.  Still nice and cool, mid 40s at midday, so I'm LOVING it!  Smiley Happy