Contributor

Re: It's pouring rain in California

No rain here in Sonoma County, but cooler temps today.

Respected Contributor

Pouring rain for a super short time - not near enough to help with anything. Boo Hoo. Unfortunately there have been a zillion accidents - dumb people driving entirely too fast on very slippery roads!

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I have a friend who lives in Big Bear and she just texted me a picture of her house covered in SNOW.

SNOW???? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 inches of rain where I live, 2-1/4 inches where I work. The trip to work was interesting. Streets near my house starting to flood, lots of water on the fwy, and the offramp I use completely flooded. One car was very stuck, the rest of us tippy-toed through & were glad we kept our brakes. Sun out now, with perhaps a little more rain bbefore midnight. But no break in the heat and humidity so far. LOL when I got out of my car at 6:30 am my glasses instantly fogged up & steam came off my car!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

It was poring rain in Central California at 6:30 am for about an hour. Now, its hot again! So ready for Fall~~~

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There wasn't a lot of rain in Oxnard (southern Calif), but I'm soooo thankful for every bit. My sprinklers go off on Wednesday and Saturday evenings - so I shut the timer so that it won't go off tomorrow (I also like saving a few dollars on my high water bill). Not sure it's going to make a big impact on the dry hills as we need so much more rain. Yes --- I was able to breathe today and the sky was gorgeous.

Esteemed Contributor

It was pouring this morning on my commute into work. I live in the Temecula, CA area and commute into Orange County. I am very pleased for the rain we needed it, but the commute itself was very scary.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trublu2

I have to pass through Corona on my way into work. It's like the skies opened up over Corona this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Last week we had temps at 100 degrees all week long.  Woke up today to rain.  Glad to see it as we need it.  Lawns are brown from the water shortage. 

Is it raining where you are if you live in California? 

I'm a few miles from Disneyland. 

What wonderful news! I hope it rains up into Santa Barbara too, where they are desperate for rain. 

We either get too much or not enough. Isn't that always the case? 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

I was listening to my talk radio station this morning and when they broke for the news portion they mentioned that we were up to 9 sig alerts.

I was noticing a lot of flooding as well. I thought to myself, this is just a small taste of rainy weather. What are we going to do if we get an El Nino this year?