Honored Contributor

Re: It’s peach milkshake time at Chick-fil-a

@Sooner wrote:

I am sad that so many places only offer shakes now and not malts. 

@Sooner   I ordered a chocolate malt at an ice cream shop near me recently.  It was so thick I couldn't drink any of it until I got home, and it was a chocolate shake instead.  I was so disappointed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

ohhhh, that sounds so good. Thanks for letting us know. I will have to go get one while I have the chance.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I've never been to a Chick fil A - but hear so many good things about the food.  Does anyone know if this shake is made w/real peaches?  or is it just a powdery mix?

@jellyBEAN   They're real peaches.  It's a seasonal shake--only available during peach season.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner   I ordered a chocolate malt at an ice cream shop near me recently.  It was so thick I couldn't drink any of it until I got home, and it was a chocolate shake instead.  I was so disappointed.

@NickNack Isn't that sad?  People don't know what they are missing.  That's what we get too.  I get a spoon so I can eat it.  It will never melt.

We sometimes make one at home because we can't get a real malt many places now.  Sad isn't it?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@NickNack Isn't that sad?  People don't know what they are missing.  That's what we get too.  I get a spoon so I can eat it.  It will never melt.

We sometimes make one at home because we can't get a real malt many places now.  Sad isn't it?  Woman Frustrated

@Sooner   They do make malts in the ice cream shop where I ordered it from though.  I thought she probably wasn't used to people ordering them and make me a shake out of habit.  I will definitely stress that I want a malt the next time.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

My three favorite times of the year:

Shamrock shakes at McDonald's in March and Peach milkshakes and Peppermint milkshakes at Chick-Fil-A in summer and during the winter holiday season!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Oh they are so good and I also love the choc. peppermint one. And they will make them to order.  I like mine thin so it will actually go thru the straw.  I don't want to eat my shake with a spoon.

But 550 calories for a small shake is just too much for me.  That's almost 1/2 my daily calorie limit.

And I stopped eating there several years ago so if I want to splurge on a milkshake, it has to be somewhere else.   McDonald's shakes are good too.