Honored Contributor

Re: “It’s okay to go.”

@LilacTree that’s funny and at first I laughed but then I thought about my mom who is 93 and says she is ready to go and I felt so very sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

So good to see you back and with a thread that gave us all a good laugh.  Hoping you are feeling a whole lot better and continue getting stronger each day. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@LilacTree I had the same experience when my father was dying in hospice years and years ago, except the nurse didn't give me the advice, I just knew what to say (I was very close to my dad) and knew he was hanging on by a thread waiting for another family member who was NOT going to come.

I told him heaven was like a rose garden (he loved gardening all his life) and that person X wasn't able to come so you can just leave and go to the garden now.  He opened his eyes, looked at me, and was gone.

What a beautiful story, I love the way you told your dear father it was okay for him to go. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I had that talk with my mother before she died.  She was in assisted living and I stopped to see her before work.  By then she had been unconscious for a few days.  I held her hand and talked to her and asked her to squeeze my hand if she could hear me.  She did.  I told her it was OK to go and she would be with Dad again.  I expected to go visit her again on the way home from work.  They called me that afternoon to say she had passed away.  It happened on my birthday but my wish when I blew out the candles the day before was that Mom wouldn't have to suffer anymore.  I guess God was listening.     Heart

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@LilacTree that’s funny and at first I laughed but then I thought about my mom who is 93 and says she is ready to go and I felt so very sad. 

@dex 

I agree. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

@LilacTree I had the same experience when my father was dying in hospice years and years ago, except the nurse didn't give me the advice, I just knew what to say (I was very close to my dad) and knew he was hanging on by a thread waiting for another family member who was NOT going to come.

I told him heaven was like a rose garden (he loved gardening all his life) and that person X wasn't able to come so you can just leave and go to the garden now.  He opened his eyes, looked at me, and was gone.

What a beautiful story, I love the way you told your dear father it was okay for him to go. Heart

Yes, what a touching story.  What a sweet way of saying goodbye, just for now.  Yes, I believe heaven will be a beautiful garden, filled with love. What a beautiful and loving daughter!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 , your post made me laugh and cry at the same time. I totally believe you about Penny's passing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my Mom was dying and under hospice the nurse told me to tell her that same thing.  It was so hard to do yet she was hanging on for us Im sure!!  They said she was alive longer than expected. I was crying my eyes out when I told her this .  She was gone two days later.   (Crying now reading all of the messages )

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree   I'm a nurse, and have had the honor of being with dying patients getting ready for their next chapter in the heavens.  I believe just being next to the dying person and letting them know how much they are loved and will always be loved eases their soul and mind enough to let them leave this sweet earth.