Honored Contributor

Re: It's official, I'm stupid

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just had to trim some vines that were crawling across my porch ceiling. Well long story short , I cut my phone line. I can use my cell, but now I have to wait for .Spectrum to come on Tues, and it is all my fault. The extremely helpful woman told me it happens all of the time, but I doubt it. Sigh.☹️

@QVCkitty1   At least it was not an electric  line.....or you would not be here to tell us about it 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@QVCkitty1don't be so hard on yourself,  things happen !!!  Someday you'll look back on this and have a good laugh.  Think to the good story you'll be able to tell !!!

Woman LOL

This is one of those memorable moments.  We've all had them.

You are right of course,but it is a sinking feeling.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I think we're all laughing here at your story --- or at least trying to stifle a laugh.....

I'm sure you will join us, maybe not right now, but at some point!  :-D

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Charlie Brown cry:

Ugggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh my gosh,were you there ?? I think that is the sound I made, followed by some not so nice words.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

So your line is pruned.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I think we're all laughing here at your story --- or at least trying to stifle a laugh.....

I'm sure you will join us, maybe not right now, but at some point!  :-D

I'm starting to see the humor in it now, you all are cheering me up, that's why I come here. 😁

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1

we've all done stupid things...sooner or later it becomes a fun story to laugh about over a cup of coffee, glass of wine or one of those quiet moments where we smirk to ourselves - "can't believe I did that!"

My latest moment:

A few weeks ago I was making my signature crumb cake - takes 6 whole eggs. I cracked them & put them in a measuring cup...

Then I went oh I need that measuring cup to measure out the oil -- I dumped the eggs down the sink without thinking!!!!🙄🙃 

Honored Contributor

After it's repaired, paint it a bright color so it doesn't blend in with the vines.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

After it's repaired, paint it a bright color so it doesn't blend in with the vines.

Good tip.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Everytime I use the hedge clippers, I cut the extension cord attached to it.  I am lucky that I have never electrocuted myself.  I have done this a few times a year for several years now.

My DH always fixes it for me, but the cord is smaller by about 10 feet now.

At least you have only cut your phone line one time.