Honored Contributor

Re: It's official, I'm stupid

@Carmie wrote:

@QVCkitty1  Everytime I use the hedge clippers, I cut the extension cord attached to it.  I am lucky that I have never electrocuted myself.  I have done this a few times a year for several years now.

My DH always fixes it for me, but the cord is smaller by about 10 feet now.

At least you have only cut your phone line one time.

So far.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Don't feel too bad. My gardener did that while pruning a tall hedge leaning against the house. I was watching tv, and suddenly my cable service went dead, lol. I soon put two and two together, and went outside to inform him of what he had accidentally done. These things happen...  When the cable guy came to do the repair the next day, l was charged for a service call. So l deducted that amount from what l owed the gardener. He was ok with that, and all was good.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Wonder if she'll have to pay for repairs, trip charge, etc. ?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like   A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder  to me.  

It is highly contagious.  Everyone seems to have episodes of it occasionally!

Thank God it was not an electrical wire!

Respected Contributor

I can relate.  I did something like that.  I have a thick electrical wire tunning from my house to the carport.  I have a privet hedge growing under the wire.  I planted it for privacy before putting up a short fence to keep the dogs in the back yard.  I let the hedge get too tall.  So I'm out there on a ladder trimming the hedge and cut the electrical wire with the hedge trimmer.  (I've also cut several outdoor cords with my hedge trimmer, lol)

I had to hire an electrician to replace the electrical wire from the house to the carport and rewire.  It was an expensive mistake.  Now I don't let the hedge get over 4 ft tall.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@QVCkitty1  Everytime I use the hedge clippers, I cut the extension cord attached to it.  I am lucky that I have never electrocuted myself.  I have done this a few times a year for several years now.

My DH always fixes it for me, but the cord is smaller by about 10 feet now.

At least you have only cut your phone line one time.

So far.

I've cut so many extension cords that now I buy them in smaller lengths and string them together.  So the next time I cut it, and I will, I only have to replace a small section rather than the whole thing.

Valued Contributor

You're not stupid, STUFF happens. Be easy on yourself. Hugs.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

See, this is why I don't go outside.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Wonder if she'll have to pay for repairs, trip charge, etc. ?

I'm sure I will pay for a service call, nothing is free.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

That sounds very frustrating!  At least you've got your cell phone.  I do stupid things all the time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau