Regular Contributor

It's not possible to be notified if there is a reply to a topic I posted on. Is that correct?

I know this has been covered many times I'm sure. This is why I find posting frustrating...

I was a member way before 2010 not sure why it says that either...

Trusted Contributor

Re: It's not possible to be notified if there is a reply to a topic I posted on. Is that correct?

We can now be notified by using the" @" feature. The poster has to do this, and not simply type in a name without the @.

Let me know if you get this @marytoodles

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

Re: It's not possible to be notified if there is a reply to a topic I posted on. Is that correct?

Registered dates were adjusted with the board upgrade.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

@Adelina Yes, I did see your reply. But if I reply to a topic I ddi not start, and then others reply, I won't know unless the ampersand symbol is used by my name. Is that right? I haven't posted as much because I never know if there are other replies...

Trusted Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

@Adelina Yes, I did see your reply. But if I reply to a topic I ddi not start, and then others reply, I won't know unless the ampersand symbol is used by my name. Is that right? I haven't posted as much because I never know if there are other replies...

Correct @marytoodles.  You will have to go back to the thread to see if there are new replies.

Trusted Contributor

@marytoodles, this may also help.  When I want to see what the newest posts were on a thread I posted on, I go to the equivalent of My Activities which I have bookmarked with my browser.

If you don't know how to do this, here are instructions:

1- Type in your nic on the Search bar at the top right hand corner

2- Select "Users" from the drop- down menu (it is set at Community as a default)

3- Click on GO

4- Click on your post count on the information page that is brought up

5 - Bookmark this so as not to have to repeat this every time.

Esteemed Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

I know this has been covered many times I'm sure. This is why I find posting frustrating...

I was a member way before 2010 not sure why it says that either...

I find the easiest way is to go back to what used to be "My Activities". When I post and I want to see what happened after my posting? I go back to that page, which is a whole different way of getting there now, and see who posted after me.

If you don't know how to do this, read my reply to "MindyD" about here not being able to find posts. I went step by step in that reply.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you receive those unexpected-but-very-nice heartHeartmessages, there's sometimes a reply as well.

Not as useful as the previous posts on this thread; just an FYI.

Regular Contributor

I wish we got notifications when posts were added to threads of interest too.

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the replies. I will try the suggestions provided...