Respected Contributor

Re: It's not even Halloween yet

@QVCkitty1 I guess because the complaining serves no purpose, the programming is not going to change...they have the items in stock, storing it is expensive & it needs to be sold. The 🌲 are part of the Christmas shopping experience & also a reminder of the Holiday extended return policy. Spring items will be arriving soon & I saw Carolyn's first Garden Show is early in January...it's just how retail works.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I guess because the complaining serves no purpose, the programming is not going to change...they have the items in stock, storing it is expensive & it needs to be sold. The 🌲 are part of the Christmas shopping experience & also a reminder of the Holiday extended return policy. Spring items will be arriving soon & I saw Carolyn's first Garden Show is early in January...it's just how retail works.

I understand how retail works, I just wish it were different, just my feelings. It's not like I expect that QVC will exclaim " Oh thank you Kitty, we have seen the light ", LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 You asked for an explanation, I answered. My reply wasn't to criticize you, say you don't understand retail or that you can't have an opinion.

Super Contributor

It's getting to the time items need to be shipped. People decorate for Christmas earlier every year. If delivery takes two weeks on some things that would make it the end of October. I have read on here people decorate the middle of November. On the retail side of things..... customers only spend so much on stuff for the holidays. Every business wants to get the $ before you spend it elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

I personally don't want to watch the endless all year barrage of fashion, beauty , shoes and handbags that QVC does, but I realize it isn't all about me.

From July through about the end of October, we get holiday gift or holiday decor days once per month and some various shows scattered in. The other things get full on push all year long. 

So I watch what I'm interested in and move on. If they want my money, they have two (well 3 actually) channels and they will learn to air different things on them to capture people looking for different things. If they don't, I'll save a lot of money and get to interact here more often. 

But the reality of it all is that retail in general is in Christmas/holiday mode by October. It is what it is, and has been like this for many years. 

I don't undertand the surprise of it all each year, but do understand people not liking it. 

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry for this harsh opinion but....

Regardless of the subject, sometimes I wonder does anybody read anymore? Any time you go on any forum, or group, or whathaveyou...you have the people that have to post the 50th new thread on the same item. It's lazy, tiring and annoying. 

If I needed that I'd go get another ex-husband.

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Somebody bring the deer eating the popcorn gif....stat!

200.gif

Valued Contributor

It's almost like some of these people that can't stand seeing Christmas early...lie in wait.

Snow comes a little too early, and there's a strange ketchup trail to a neighbors light up deer...whose head is missing. 

A note is left...."Decorate and shop closer to Christmas"

Honored Contributor

I think it's safe to assume, one of the largest buying times is the Christmas holiday time.  Anytime, there's a chance for a retailer to sell and make money they have to, even if it's year around.  I guess to expect differently anymore, is out of the question.  No one needs to buy anything if they don't want to.  In today's world, you need to sell to keep your head above water, if not, they'd quit trying to better their products.  Think of that phone company, that just is constantly improving their phones.

Super Contributor

I believe each and every year its the same. Christmas in July and all decorations up by the end of August /beginning of Septmber. It's probably not going to be different any time soon. 

I have begun to expect to see Christmas trees, etc,  in early September. It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.