Respected Contributor

Re: It's never too late for a crush

You never know this might inspire her to start dating and she may actually fall in love with someone. One of my very best friends has never married and she got engaged at sixty one!! She has dated through the years but this is the first time she has been engaged and is getting married.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this story! I'm 70 and would probably be doing the same thing! Nothing wrong with a little lusting at our age! LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Does a great night's dream count as 'lusting"?     

Honored Contributor

I think harmless flirtations are a good thing. We pay more attention to how we look, dress, etc, and they give us good feelings.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Does a great night's dream count as 'lusting"?     

I think when you have one, it tells you that you’re still in the game. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn, good for your friend, although 61 is pretty young (IMO)!

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Kitlynn, good for your friend, although 61 is pretty young (IMO)!

Oh it is in our opinion! We have been best friends since we were six years old and we have birthdays ten days apart in December. We both just turned sixty two. It is just interesting that she found her true love at sixty one!!

Respected Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

My favorite Aunt is 68, very attractive, never married, something that's always surprisd me a bit, since, she's also, bright, funny, fun to be around and wonderfully kind!

"It just never happened, for lots of reasons" is her story and I respect that you don't need marriage or even a partner to be happy.

Anyway she is currently in a skilled nursing , rehab facility, to increase her strength and mobility, prior to eventually having both a total right hip and total right knee.

She has developed  what she calls a "school girl crush" on her primary Physical Therapist. 

He's 10 years younger, married, and of course, her PT; all, as she puts it, "non starters".  But, they've developed a great rapport, and have a lot of fun working together. 

Of course she knows that it's all part of his job, but she said it's fun to feel young enough, and alive enough to have a crush.

Although she knows a crush is all it is, she said it alleviates, some of the bordom, of having to be in the facility.

I've met him, he's attractive, in an everyday, sort of way, and he and my Aunt, do seem to get along very well. 

It's professional for him, it's a harmless diversion for her, and I think it's cute, to see my Aunt realizing, those fires are still there!

@SuhseK

Just hope she doesn't end up getting pregnant!  That would be hard on her hip and knee! 

Trusted Contributor

I agree, harmless flirtations can be fun and remind us that we're women and our sensuality, is a gift as natural as breathing.

Even if there is a tiny spark of mutual liking and attraction, not like anything would come of it.  The PT, is married and any real relationship with a current patient, could jeopardize his career. He's a pro, that would never happen.  My Aunt isn't imagining they could have a relationship, she's just having fun.

I'd love to see get back on track, physically, and find someone to date, maybe more, but,  that's her call!

Trusted Contributor

LOL, pretty sure it would be hard on more than her hip and knee!

Congratulations to the woman who found love at 61. Sometimes it happens when it happens.