Trusted Contributor

It's never too late for a crush

[ Edited ]

My favorite Aunt is 68, very attractive, never married, something that's always surprisd me a bit, since, she's also, bright, funny, fun to be around and wonderfully kind!

"It just never happened, for lots of reasons" is her story and I respect that you don't need marriage or even a partner to be happy.

Anyway she is currently in a skilled nursing , rehab facility, to increase her strength and mobility, prior to eventually having both a total right hip and total right knee.

She has developed  what she calls a "school girl crush" on her primary Physical Therapist. 

He's 10 years younger, married, and of course, her PT; all, as she puts it, "non starters".  But, they've developed a great rapport, and have a lot of fun working together. 

Of course she knows that it's all part of his job, but she said it's fun to feel young enough, and alive enough to have a crush.

Although she knows a crush is all it is, she said it alleviates, some of the bordom, of having to be in the facility.

I've met him, he's attractive, in an everyday, sort of way, and he and my Aunt, do seem to get along very well. 

It's professional for him, it's a harmless diversion for her, and I think it's cute, to see my Aunt realizing, those fires are still there!

Valued Contributor

Re: It's never too late for a crush

Probably helping her mental outlook whle working on her increased strength and mobility.  It's also helping her pass the time in a place where time can seem to drag on!

Trusted Contributor

Exactly.  Having met him, he seems to have a great sense of humor, and that's always been one of my Aunt's defining characteristics.  

I can see why she'd be drawn to him!

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK.....That's cute.  I was in rehab for 10 days following 6 days in the hospital when I fell and fractured my T11.  Not as fortunate as your aunt with getting a cute therapist.  All the therapists I had there were women, except for one that was a male.  But, he just would not have been for me.  He was good to me and worked me very hard.  Actually I liked him better than the women therapists I had.  

Esteemed Contributor

You can be very attractive, have an even more attractive stock portfolio and be very happy single. 

SMH 

Honored Contributor

I'm your aunt's age and have been married forever. I love my husband, but I have never lived on my own, I went from my parents house to my husbands. I think I would have loved being that independent and maybe that's why she never married. Independence is very hard to give up and if you never had the screaming red hots for anyone, well there you have it. More power to your aunt and continued fun and fantasy in rehab.

Esteemed Contributor

Never to old for crushes. My FIL remarried last April he’s 84 she’s 86. They are both so cute. ❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

My mom was quiet and shy and sort of a wall flower.  I often wondered how she had children, she was so proper and imagining her with any man, even my father was a stretch.

When I went to visit her at the hospital after she had gall bladder surgery, her surgeon was in the room.  He was a striking man with silver hair and beautiful blue eyes.

I just  about fell over when he walked out of the room and my mother swooned and said, " he can put his shoes under my bed anytime."

I guess no one is too old or too married to develop a crush.

Esteemed Contributor

shoes under my bed....................oh, I said that once and never heard the last of it......LOL  It was about an international singer = so there wasn't much to worry about.  (husband never forgot it - so silly)

Respected Contributor

@SuhseK  I get it.

Ihave a crush on my oncologist; he is my age, so I call him by his 1st name. Great guy.