Honored Contributor

Re: It's going to be a hot one in the old town tonight (& today)

It was warm here yesterday.  In the 80's but this morning I woke up to 60's and light rain which is good - the yard can use a drink.  I have only experienced high humidity when I have been on vacation but it is not for me.  I was born and raised in Southern California and now live in the Pacific Northwest.  

Honored Contributor

Wow I went out in it, ha ha ha.  I made a quick run to the recycling center and then did the grocery shopping.  I have the sprinkler going in the back yard in case the squirrels and birds wanna take a shower.

Geez - and there is street reconstruction going on across the main road from me.  I don't know how those men remain upright in this weather.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

delmarva area and it is hot.....even worse, the humidity is rising, making it even more unbearable. i have never had to live without a/c and never want to! i will take the middle of winter any day over oppressive heat. it really makes me feel sluggish also.

yes, our a/c bill will be through the roof!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

delmarva area and it is hot.....even worse, the humidity is rising, making it even more unbearable. i have never had to live without a/c and never want to! i will take the middle of winter any day over oppressive heat. it really makes me feel sluggish also.

You learn to adapt. I had no AC in my house or cars, growing up.

Honored Contributor

SoCal!  The thermometer is in the shade.......image.jpeg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

You learn to adapt. I had no AC in my house or cars, growing up.

LOL....i am 53 years old and no AC is something i would never adapt to at this stage of the game.....and i dont need to.  i am naturally hot and with this heat and humidity it is draining.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein