Honored Contributor

It's going to be a hot one in the old town tonight (& today)

An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure!!! Please be careful today. Yesterday was really hot too. But it was warmer out when I got up today, than it was in here. How'd we ever live w/o a/c as kids? My husband said that yesterday.

Drink water, stay hydrated!  No pets or anyone else in cars today!! Be careful!!

Honored Contributor

Re: It's going to be a hot one in the old town tonight (& today)

@qualitygal

I hear ya.  It's been pretty uncomfortable here for the better part of the week.  I was up at 6 am and said, hmm time to feed the outside birds.  By this time it was maybe 6:45.  I stepped out onto my patio and all I could say was Yuck, it's so humid out there already.  It's going to get ugly later.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

According to our weather person....we are going to be over 90 for the next two weeks....thank goodness i have a.c. but oh that bill...i have had mine running almost non stop for over a month with no end in sight...

Honored Contributor

It's been upper 90's here (100+ with heat index) with high humidity for a month now.

Smiley hot sun 192.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Are you in Michigan?

Esteemed Contributor

I previously posted about my dislike of the extreme heat.  I'm in Maryland, and they are calling for 100 the entire weekend, then a week of above 90.

I'm not fan of snow, but extreme temps make me very anxious.  I know it is not a normal response to weather, and I've tried to just relax and let it go.  It is nearly impossible at times.  I have no idea why I feel this way, and, at 65, I'm not sure it's going to change!

There are times I just have to stop and meditate my way out of my rising anxiety.

As a child, we played through the heat with no AC in our homes.  We were oblivious to the dangers or problems.  We were just happy to be free to play outside late into the evening.

Now, I worry about anything and everything that might happen with the heat.  My DH works outside every day.  Today when he left, I could have cryed.  He will be careful, but....Anyway, yes, I'm nuts and know it.  Doesn't help!

Respected Contributor

AC and a pool makes living in southwest Florida possible. Been here 15 years and never saw air temperature above 96ºF. Get my yard work done early these days. When I think of complaining, I remember this back north. Didn't get to do much gardening during the long winters.

Blizzard'93.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

No ma'am, I'm in Savannah, GA. You'd think I'd be used to it! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Where I live (Utah) we have only reach in the 100's for 2 day now and we feel lucky. You can really feel a difference between 90's and 100's. I'm glad we don't have the humidity though I don't think I could stand it. I'm sorry the heat makes you upset. 

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady

Oh, that snow looks so refreshing :-)