Honored Contributor

Re: It’s going to be a beautiful sunset!

I have never been to Hawaii but I think it is too beautiful to miss out on.When are they accepting tourists again?

Honored Contributor

how beautiful!! Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

So nice for you to sit out to watch.

I am far enough north that the sun travels a lot.  It is been nice to watch during this time.  Keeps me busy moving the house plant 😂

Honored Contributor

@akdld 

We're neighbors!  I live at Sunset Point!

P.S.   When Lei Lei's opens, my husband & I will be there!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@akdld wrote:

Here is another example of a great sunset in Hawaii, Oahu. I took this photo on Maili Beach in the west side. As you can tell, I LOVE sunsets. 28167276_1753777847978483_4439972368959027967_n.jpg

@akdld 

My husband's second favorite spot behind the North Shore!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I have never been to Hawaii but I think it is too beautiful to miss out on.When are they accepting tourists again?

@dex 

They are still talking about it...sometime "this summer".  Right now, we are still getting visitors, which is stupid to me because they can't do anything but sit in their hotel room; there is a 14-day quarantine for all visitors.  I wouldn't want to spend my hard-earned vacation budget on that!

Our shopping malls & other retail spaces opened yesterday.  I saw on the news our famous shopping mall, Ala Moana, has some foot traffic, but it wasn't packed.

Beaches opened yesterday for butt traffic...ha!  The ocean was never closed so you could cross the beach to swim or surf, but not sit.  The beaches were "crowded" yesterday; people were respecting each other's space.

We are now on "Re-open Hawaii" through June 30th, so I guess each week we will hear of what can open next.  That would be cool to open up for tourism by July 4th...Independence Day!

Anyhoo, my apologies for digressing.

Valued Contributor

@akdld wrote:

Here is another example of a great sunset in Hawaii, Oahu. I took this photo on Maili Beach in the west side. As you can tell, I LOVE sunsets. 28167276_1753777847978483_4439972368959027967_n.jpg

Thank you for taking me back. We have many sunset pictures that we've taken in Hawaii but none as beautiful as yours. You gotta love Hawaii

Esteemed Contributor

Such a treat to view these photos. Thank you

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau