Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 Ford1224 said:

Yes! There is no shame! She always used to tell me that if I didn't stop helping my kids and my family, I would never be rich. She's a millionaire from a divorce settlement from a man she married just because he owned a company and if she stayed married to him long enough (which she did) she would divorce him and get big bucks. Which is exactly what happened and that's the only reason she is so rich. She'd be a bag lady without that, as she otherwise had no skills. He died six months later coincidentally right around the same time as her then paramour, and it wasn't her ex whom she mourned. She was never loyal to anyone, and I began to realize after over 60 years that she was not loyal to me either.

In fact, she and my beloved sister did not get along . . . and it grieves me that my sister is gone, and she's still here. Is that horrible of me?

No, it isn't horrible of you... That's how you feel. I wish no harm or anything to my ex friend, I still love her- it just makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at the whole darn thing..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 missy1 said:

Is it easier to get accepted if one has a psychological problem verses a medical issue?

I don't know that answer but it seems people with serious medical issues are being denied over and over.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor
Posts: 2,103
Registered: ‎05-25-2014

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 missy1 said:

Is it easier to get accepted if one has a psychological problem verses a medical issue?

In my opinion - no. This is based only on my years of experience working in the mental health field.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 55,958
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

Apparently all need to do to be assured of acceptance is to hire an attorney who specializes in SSI. I know several people who applied on their own, were turned down, hired attorneys and viola, they were in.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 Kachina624 said: Apparently all need to do to be assured of acceptance is to hire an attorney who specializes in SSI. I know several people who applied on their own, were turned down, hired attorneys and viola, they were in.

Exactly right plus the right Judge, it's his final decision.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 Suziepeach said:
On 3/17/2015 Kachina624 said: Apparently all need to do to be assured of acceptance is to hire an attorney who specializes in SSI. I know several people who applied on their own, were turned down, hired attorneys and viola, they were in.

Exactly right plus the right Judge, it's his final decision.

The one attorney my daughter went to came right out and bragged he has an "in" with the judges. Like everything else, it's all corrupted. She decided she is going to try to do it herself even though she knows it's practically a lost cause.

She is going to wait to see if this new treatment she is undergoing is going to work.


Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 3/17/2015 Suziepeach said:
On 3/17/2015 Kachina624 said: Apparently all need to do to be assured of acceptance is to hire an attorney who specializes in SSI. I know several people who applied on their own, were turned down, hired attorneys and viola, they were in.

Exactly right plus the right Judge, it's his final decision.

The one attorney my daughter went to came right out and bragged he has an "in" with the judges. Like everything else, it's all corrupted. She decided she is going to try to do it herself even though she knows it's practically a lost cause.

She is going to wait to see if this new treatment she is undergoing is going to work.


I pray the new treatment works for your DD, Ford.. If you don't try, you'll never know..

and I agree about the corruption, there was something in the news about several Judges in either Tennessee or Kentucky being let go because they approved ( were in cahoots with the attorneys) everyone, regardless of what their issues were.. I think it's a darn shame how the system has become & can be so darn unfair.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor
Posts: 431
Registered: ‎07-19-2013

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 missy1 said:

Is it easier to get accepted if one has a psychological problem verses a medical issue?

Psychological problems ARE medical problems. Mental illness is about brain chemistry. It isn't a life ""choice"" or character flaw.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,179
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 sciencegeek said:
On 3/17/2015 missy1 said:

Is it easier to get accepted if one has a psychological problem verses a medical issue?

Psychological problems ARE medical problems. Mental illness is about brain chemistry. It isn't a life "choice" or character flaw.

Of course they are both medical issues. What I was trying to say are things that you can see/has a proven xray etc., get approved easier. Example: (loss of a limb vs bipolar)

Super Contributor
Posts: 2,103
Registered: ‎05-25-2014

Re: It's.easier.to.win.a.World.Series.than.get.Social.Security.disability

On 3/17/2015 sciencegeek said:
On 3/17/2015 missy1 said:

Is it easier to get accepted if one has a psychological problem verses a medical issue?

Psychological problems ARE medical problems. Mental illness is about brain chemistry. It isn't a life "choice" or character flaw.

I had the same thought as you, sciencegeek. But I gave this poster a pass because I did not feel as though she meant it in a derogatory way - merely asking a question in an innocently misinformed way.