Honored Contributor

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like an EXPENSIVE Christmas

@vermint wrote:

I've posted this several times...but DH & I quit buying most gifts years ago. We are childless, and no longer buy for nieces/nephews (all adults now). There are just too many of the next generation, so we never bought for them. With my dad's passing this past June, our parents are all gone now. DH's siblings are all at least 3 hours away now, so we just see them when we can, not at holiday time. We get together with my family on Christmas Eve morning for a big family breakfast, which is a lot of fun.

I have an artifical tree that is two years old...hoping it lasts for as long I wish to decorate one!

We do have one "rule"...there must be SOMETHING under the tree to open Christmas morning. Lately, for me it's a book that I tell DH that I want. I usually get him a t-shirt with his favorite college football team stuff on it. Maybe a couple of his favorite treats.

Christmas is so much less stressful than it used to be...to say nothing of also being much less expensive!

@vermint I am in the same situtation. My DH and I do not have children.  Our familes stopped exchanging gifts a few years ago as it was more stressful than fun.  We were just buying to buy.  I remember one year I but my heart & soul in finding just the right gifts and when I got the reactions that I did from the recipients I was done then.  I just love spending time with my family during the holidays and it is much less stress and less expensive as well.

Honored Contributor

@vermint That Christmas of yours sounds pretty perfect to me!  Especially the breakfast on Christmas!  What a good idea.  Relaxed, good food, no pressure just getting together with family!

Merry Christmas so you!  I'm the first to wish you this for 2021 maybe!  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I thought Christmas was in July?

Respected Contributor

I presently have 3 artificial trees!  One is 9ft....7.5ft....6ft LOL!  I do not need another tree...ever!  Heck I should look into selling 2 of them soon....since there's such a price hike going onWoman LOL

I just want to be able to purchase a turkey for the holidays coming up and  some ham....hoping they will be available to buy.  Everything else can wait if necessary which isn't much on gifts...which are things my sons need.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@vermint That Christmas of yours sounds pretty perfect to me!  Especially the breakfast on Christmas!  What a good idea.  Relaxed, good food, no pressure just getting together with family!

Merry Christmas so you!  I'm the first to wish you this for 2021 maybe!  Woman Very Happy

You are indeed the first @Sooner .  Merry Christmas to you as well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker wrote:

Think I know who's to blame for ALL these price increases!!!

@coffee drinker 

Who?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care