Regular Contributor
O. M. G it has been years since I've been here.. Whether it's a good thing or bad thingšŸ˜œ it's me, the original Jerzgirl! ( Lisa Marie) I'm the grandmother of those two beautiful, beautiful, amazing, awesome, fun, sweet, sweet, happy-go-lucky, big hearted kids whom are the apples of my eyes. Gianna Marie and Anthony. šŸ’•šŸ’™šŸ’‹šŸ’‹šŸ¤—šŸ¤—. Life is still good. Being a grandmother is simply the best ladies, it gets no better. I love being their grandmother, they bring me SO much joy. Their smiles make me smile. Their hugs ARE warm and comforting, they melt my heart. They brighten my day, everyday. Gianna Marie is a sassy little mimi me who is 7 šŸ˜šŸ’– and Anthony my love is my little buddy, my big little man is 6 šŸ˜»šŸ’™. I am SO, SO in love with them!!! I thank God for my precious little gifts. šŸ™šŸ™. Grandkids are better than kids and I spoil them rotten!! šŸ‘šŸ˜˜.

Those who remember my mother and all the stories, I wanted to share that back in October of 2015 she started her very first chemo treatment for lymphoma. (the aggressive kind, diffuse large B cell). She moved in with me so I could take care of her. She went to Sloan-Kettering. In the end, my mother kicked cancers butt!! šŸ™ŒšŸ™. It was a long tough fight but we fought hard and won. The chemo still unfortunately to this day wreaks havoc on her body. If cancer doesn't kill you, the chemo can, it's devastating. At least she's alive, that's the bottom line. šŸ™. My father is doing good but still has heart troubles and trouble with his aorta now. He's 78 now and it scares me to death! My youngest son, Vinny, was recently married, so I am anxiously waiting for new grandkids!! šŸ˜šŸ¤—šŸ’–. My other son will be getting married this year too. (love the song, I Loved Him First)

I hope all the old timers and their families are healthy, safe and doing well.

I won't be back ladies. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Life is short. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Have a happy holiday season.. Happy cooking and happy baking ladies!! Be safe and be well.

Life is still good.
Jerz
Esteemed Contributor

@Jerz-girlGlad for the good outcomes and glad you're doing well.

What's your other nic?

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I read this twice but never saw the reason why this poster said she would ā€œnot be back.ā€ Did I miss something obvious?

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Jerz-girlGlad for the good outcomes and glad you're doing well.

What's your other nic?

that was her other nic......and variations of that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hey Jerz, good to see you. Glad life is treating you well. I remember all your late night stories years ago. Fun times.

Respected Contributor

I remember - You posted beautiful photos of your grandkids when they were babies.  Nice of you to take care of your mother.  Good to see you again!

Respected Contributor

Re: It's been years

[ Edited ]

Jerz, the nice thing about coming on here today was to see your name on here. So happy to see you here finally again. Blessings sending to your Mom, I always wondered how your parents were doing. Happy to see every thing is going well for you and your family. Hope to see you on here again soon. Take care for now Bet you are getting all those halloween decorations up for the kids..

Honored Contributor

What am I missing? Someone posts a long up to date post and then says "I won't be back."

What was the point? (shrug)

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

What am I missing? Someone posts a long up to date post and then says "I won't be back."

What was the point? (shrug)

Has me wondering why bother as well.

Can anyone tell me how long it has been since she posted? The name seems familiar (nic that is), and was wondering if there is someone who posts here with something very similar and I may be getting them confused.

Respected Contributor

Re: It's been years

[ Edited ]

Categorize this as a reminder, nothing more or less.  It reminds me of a funny line in a recent short-lived TV comedy:  "Sometimes stuff just has to come out".  It was Martin the dog who was fed too many treats.