Respected Contributor

Re: It's a boy for Janet Jackson and hubby!

I don't see nasty and sarcastic remarks towards any baby on these posts. I do see people questioning whether she was pregnant herself. Legit topic considering her age and what some news sources have printed. 

Congrats to the child and parents! 

Esteemed Contributor

I think Rachel Zoe is another one who used a surrogate...

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Could it be because these two are "stars", divas, celebrities who put themselves before the public all the time?  Their career depend on publicity and they do everything they can to keep themselves in the public eye.  To me that is a pretty simple answer.  

Do you ever get through a week without seeing one or both of them on tv or in a gossip magazine?  The Kardashians and many others keep themselves before the public, and reaction, negative or otherwise, is what makes them rich. 

The rumor about Janet having a 26 year old daughter is resurfacing on various outlets.  I had almost forgotten about that one......

Honored Contributor

I'll opt out.  I don't understand the fascination with gossip and rumors.

I truly don't understand why anyone would care what other people do with their lives.

Esteemed Contributor

People have always discussed celebrities, movie stars, etc. It's nothing new....

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I just can't 100% believe she carried and gave birth to a baby.  I think she would have been seen more in public if she did.  She would have wanted the world to see her pregnant.

If she did, it was probably a donor egg and her husband's sperm. 

It is mighty unusual for a 50 year old woman to give birth to their own biological child.

I wish her well on a healthy baby boy.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

???   Not sure why you think you know what she would have wanted.    Perhaps she was confined to bed rest for a portion of her pregnancy.    I think it's more important that she was taking care of herself, rather than making a spectacle of herself.  JMO

Valued Contributor

It's possible she used IVF to get pregnant.

It's also possible she used a surrogate and was not pregnant.

Nobody on this board knows with 100% certainty.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

JJ

She does look pregnant in this photo.

However, Hollywood has done way more amazing things than making someone look pregnant!  They sell practically month by month abdominal molds.

Even Mama Duggar couldn't get pregnant past 43-44, and had problems.  At 50, doubt it could be her egg.  We have heard of women carrying their own grandchild for a daughter.  I remain skeptical, but certainly wish them well.

Hyacinth

She could have had her eggs frozen.  There are numerous articles available regarding women getting pregnant at 50, even AARP has one.

What I question is why Beyonce and Janet are getting this kind of scrutiny and negative reaction.  Elizabeth Edwards did't receive this kind of negative reaction.   

Could it be because these two are "stars", divas, celebrities who put themselves before the public all the time?  Their career depend on publicity and they do everything they can to keep themselves in the public eye.  To me that is a pretty simple answer.  

Do you ever get through a week without seeing one or both of them on tv or in a gossip magazine?  The Kardashians and many others keep themselves before the public, and reaction, negative or otherwise, is what makes them rich. 

@SoonerI think you have your "Divas" mixed up! Janet Jackson is an extremely private person, photos are shown of her in public places going to and from, she doesn't seek out or needs the publicity. Janet is very wealthy without her husband's billions! Janet stays out of the public eye unlike The Kardashians and every other talentless "Diva"!!!!!

The Jacksons have been much followed public figures for decades.  It's a fact.  She is one the media chases.  Whether she seeks it or not, it is and has been for what 50 years or more a fact.

Honored Contributor

The point is ,she wanted a baby,does it really matter if she gave birth,or adopted?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I'm so happy for them!  And glad the baby is healthy and mom is doing well.