Trusted Contributor

Re: It's To Be 90 Degree & Humid Until Thursday....

@AuntG wrote:

In central WI, it's been averaging 10-15 degrees above our average of 79 for many days. Muggy too, but at least air quality is good. I water my flowers at 7 am and read in the sunroom until 10 am. Then I'm inside for the rest of the day. I hate it!

I'm waving to you up there, from the bottom SE part of the state. Smiley Happy

It has been hot and humid down here and in the upper 80's. 

We get the humidity from Lake Michigan. I don't care for the heat and humidity anymore. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I have to make a correction to my previous post:  It was 94 degrees in Greensboro NC yesterday with over 60% humidity...  This was the hotest day of the year so far in GSO...

Honored Contributor

I learned to tolerate sweat when working out or working outside about 10 years ago.  Prior to that, I avoided it at all costs.   I still avoid it if I am going somewhere.  

It's been in the 90s with humidity over 70% here the last week and it's supposed to last another week at least.

Working in the yard is like therapy for me.  I go into a quiet, serene mode when working outside which is such a nice break from all the doom and gloom of politics and the pandemic.

I'm 66 and can tell I need breaks a little more often but I still get it done.  In the last week, I mowed, moved 87 cement blocks to where I want to work, planted 9 hostas, built up an area on one side of my garage to be sure it won't erode, walked the dog every day, lugged 9 bags of dirt to my neighbor, and put mulch around 3 sides of my home.  

I have a list of things I'll do this week.  

Respected Contributor

Having allergies and asthma I dont like these humid days! But right now with all the staying home Im actually happy I can be home in the AC! We need a break in this heat wave soon though!

Esteemed Contributor

It's hot, humid and sticky.  Forget about mowing the lawn if you wait too long.  All walkers are out early am.    My poor ac is running non stop.  Running my sprinklers to save the poor grass that is turning yellow.

Esteemed Contributor

A day or two of these temps I could do, it's the days on end.  I could never live where this is the summer norm.

Not a fan of the dark days of winter but I figure I can always add a layer if I'm cold.  In this tropical rain forest weather you can only strip down so far if you have to go out.

Respected Contributor

It's been hotter than h*ll since Father's Day here. Luckily, our pool opened on Father's Day and we've been able to reserve a lane every day since. Our pool's set in a basin in a woody area, so it's always cooler down there. We always feel refreshed by the time our shift ends.

Respected Contributor

Ugh.  Starting Tuesday we have at least a week in the. 90's in Santa Fe!!!!!  Humidity today is supposed to bd 46%.  That combo is rare here and the sun at 7000 feet is soooo hot anyway.   Our casita doesn't have AC but it's adobe so with our two little fans we will be warm most likely, but not miserably hot.  

Respected Contributor

I live in the Southeast.  We've been in the high 90's for some time now.  Some areas have been in the triple digits.  We had on and off showers almost everyday about a weeks ago and since then it's been dry.  Yesterday there were thunderstorms but no rain.  

Esteemed Contributor

Southwest here -  we have had at least ten days over 100 already!!  Never had a Spring...went right to hot Summer!!!  Next week will be from 102 to 106!!  Very little humidity, but so hot!!!!!