Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's To Be 90 Degree & Humid Until Thursday....

It's hot and humid in the St. Louis area as well, but we had some much needed rain last week. Anything that needs to be done on my patio is done in the early morning hours! As the temperature rises I'm not motivated to do much of anything outdoors!

Honored Contributor

Well the heat and humidity here in South Texas has changed to HOT, HOT, and HOTTER with temps in the 100s or upper 90's....but its a "dry heat"they say----the only thing that means instead of a sauna you feel like you are in an oven.....  CANT WAIT UNTIL ITS OVER!!! 🥵 🥵 🥵 🌞

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more!  Between working at home all day, bugs flying around and the awful humidity, I'm also counting the days till fall!!! Only a couple more months thank goodness!!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Trusted Contributor

Here in southwestern Ohio we reached a hot humid 95 degrees. Did get a surprise from Mother Nature about 7:00 p.m. Started pouring down the rain. No thunder, no lightning. Just a steady rain. Not bad for 0% percent chance. Nice. 

Super Contributor

I totally agree about the humidity being hard to deal with but for me, in NW NJ, I am not looking forward to fall nor winter.  Although Fall is a beautiful time of year, for us it has been a shorter season and winter weather comes in earlier and lasts  well into Spring.  Our seasons are really changing but winter lasts too long.  Don't want to shovel, slip, freeze, live in that much darkness - I now have the choice to be outside or indoors with air conditioning and not wrapped in blankets with lights on at 5.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here in southeast Florida it's in the 90's every day. We are in our rainy season now, as well as the season for hurricanes. Humidity goes up at night and drops down some during the day. I've always wondered why that is. Maybe because of my proximity to the Atlantic ocean. Anyway, I love it. I will take this any day over nasty northern winters. Just keep the hurricanes away please.

Honored Contributor

We had a hot day yesterday and will have another one tomorrow.

Today was beautiful.  It's about 70 out now (at 10 pm), but a little humidity to make it balmy. 

We just went for a bike ride and saw some fireworks people were setting off.  It was pretty nice.  Don't know if we'll have the air on tonight.  Tomorrow for sure from about noon time on.

Another soaking rain last night and we had one a few nights ago.  We had company over and were eating a late dinner on the back deck and had to come in because of thunder and lightning.  

I love summer weather.  I really love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been hot here with several 100° temps. We are in the high 90°'s thru Weds. After that the forecast is from 102° to 106° thru the 18th.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Hot here and will be in the mid to high 90's all next week. Dry! Not so much, when it rains it pours and pours and with high winds. End result, broken tree branches all over our property, along with 85-90% humidity.

Said here many times that dealing with heat is not an issue for me. My body has learned to acclimate fairly quickly to all types of weather.

Those that are effected by the heat and humidity should stay in their AC as much as possible. The country being mostly closed should make it easier for many to do so. Don't take any unnecessary chances, and make sure to drink, drink, drink, preferably the cheap drink. Good ole H2o!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Thursday?!? Here in Louisiana that's everyday until October!!! But I LOVE it. Would so much rather sweat than be cold on grey days with bare trees.