Honored Contributor

Re: It's Pumpkin Time Already 😮

IMG_1155.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Some places sell the candy corn year round now.  I haven't seen any of the pumpkin stuff yet but it will all be out there in a week or two.  There isn't much of it that I can have now but I can still have my pumpkin coffee.  I should scout around for a healthy, sugar free pumpkin muffin or scone recipe.  

@chrystaltree

Trader Joe's has the best pumpkin ice cream I've ever had, and closer to Fall, they get a fresh pumpkin Kringle, a pastry.

Pumpkin Kringle should not be legal. I can not have this in my house......ever!

Esteemed Contributor

Pumpkin season is the best!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Pumpkin spice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWWwmZ9RxxQ

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Its crazy, huh? I remember going into Hobby Lobby last month and seeing Christmas stuff. I love Christmas, but its too soon.

Trusted Contributor

You wouldn't know it around here -- thank Goodness.  One of the farms is getting ready for their annual peach festival!  Fresh peaches, peach cake, peach preserves, peach everything -- yum!  Can't wait.  

Honored Contributor

I went into Walmart this am looking for a treat this evening and saw the Pumpkin slice loaf cake proudly displayed.  I did pick it up and looked but changed my mind, no frosting.  Come Friday night I want something with frosting and that was there only pumpkin offering.  I bet I can find something though if not Reese's Pumpkin candy bars are probably out too.      Yum

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I just received Trader Joe's flyer (August).  Was secretly disappointed that it wasn't the Pumpkin edition, lol.  I always look forward to all of their pumpkin-flavored items!  I 'circle' many pumpkin-flavored items, and take the flyer into the store with me.  It's such a pleasure to roam around Trader Joe's.  The employees and especially the customers are very, very nice.   'Nice attracts nice'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I just received Trader Joe's flyer (August).  Was secretly disappointed that it wasn't the Pumpkin edition, lol.  I always look forward to all of their pumpkin-flavored items!  I 'circle' many pumpkin-flavored items, and take the flyer into the store with me.  It's such a pleasure to roam around Trader Joe's.  The employees and especially the customers are very, very nice.   'Nice attracts nice'. 

They usually start in late September. I remember one year the pumpkin spice coffee  lasted three weeks and then was all gone, no more, before Halloween. I think they manufacture more of it now ;-) And I did see that they had the K-cups last year so probably will again.

Last year, I came to the check-out with probably 80% of all they make in pumpkin, some in multiples, because I know how quickly it can sell out and might not be restocked. The checker was "whoa, lol" in a fun way.

On a side note - I'm kinda picky about pumpkin bread, and I really like the pumpkin bread the CA Starbucks have. It's like half pumpkin, half gingerbread - a good mix. They sell it all year round.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

We don't have Keurig but I have tried a couple of flavored coffees.  Just found one I like!

The Archer Farms line from Target, Hot Buttered Rum.  "Rich and buttery flavor with a smooth rum finish."

I got the ground, but it does come in K Cups and gets a five star rating.

coffee

coffee