Honored Contributor

Re: It's Pumpkin Time Already 😮

@maestra wrote:

@Spurt I feel your pain, especially if you are in the Midwest. I lived there for quite a period of time.

I cant wait for cooler climes.

@maestra

Im in Texas and some may say well you're used to it....but trust me you NEVER get used to it....I feel like a vampire trapped inside air conditioning and avoiding the hot sun! And this year its a hotter than usual summer too....Woman Frustrated

I hope you get your cooler weather soon! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I'm so ready for cooler weather and all those pumpkiny flavors...........Woman Very Happy

Image result for cat in the pumpkin patch

Our "summer weather" is reversed. We have Fall weather all July and August (I've had the heater on), and when everyone else is enjoying Fall temperatures in Sept and Oct is when we get our summer and it'll be in the high 80s. Long about the end of Sept I'll be more than ready for some temp mellowing.

@Moonchilde

That's strange you get fall weather July/August and you get your summer in Sept/Oct!

Well our "cooler" weathr goes like this.....in September we are just happy to be in the low 90's......then if we are lucky a cool front comes in mid month which teases us with a few days of upper 70 temperatures.........then back up to 90's.  But October is our prettiest weather....if we get a normal October that is......it starts in the 80's and then mid month dips somewhere in the mid/upper 70 range, we may get a warm day or two right around Halloween of all the wierd timing, then it cools down .......However, the last couple of years the warm weather has stuck around way tooooo long....hope we have some nice weather and it cools down!  This year we are supposed to be in a "neutral phrase" neither El Nino or El Nina........

@Spurt, in SoCal we had two seasons - hot and dry, and not as hot/dry. Fall was maybe 2-3 weeks if you were lucky but Fall also meant Santa Ana winds :-(

Our cool July and August on the Central Coast is just along the coast. We live within 5-6 mi of the ocean so it's our reality. I don't mind all that much, compared to SoCal's heat. But if I were to drive 10-20 mi inland in any direction, temps are now in the mid to high 90s there and are often pushing 100 all spring & summer. It's just the coast that gets the clouds & fog.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in Dallas:

IMG_2608.jpg

@Spurt

Every day I try to get some pool time for a little Vitamin D.

It's either looks like rain, cloudy from rain or actual..rain.

Or cool, cool, cool, HOT, Heat Index of 105, cool, cool.  

Very unprecticable.  Mama needs her sun!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I'm so ready for cooler weather and all those pumpkiny flavors...........Woman Very Happy

Image result for cat in the pumpkin patch

Our "summer weather" is reversed. We have Fall weather all July and August (I've had the heater on), and when everyone else is enjoying Fall temperatures in Sept and Oct is when we get our summer and it'll be in the high 80s. Long about the end of Sept I'll be more than ready for some temp mellowing.

@Moonchilde

That's strange you get fall weather July/August and you get your summer in Sept/Oct!

Well our "cooler" weathr goes like this.....in September we are just happy to be in the low 90's......then if we are lucky a cool front comes in mid month which teases us with a few days of upper 70 temperatures.........then back up to 90's.  But October is our prettiest weather....if we get a normal October that is......it starts in the 80's and then mid month dips somewhere in the mid/upper 70 range, we may get a warm day or two right around Halloween of all the wierd timing, then it cools down .......However, the last couple of years the warm weather has stuck around way tooooo long....hope we have some nice weather and it cools down!  This year we are supposed to be in a "neutral phrase" neither El Nino or El Nina........

@Spurt, in SoCal we had two seasons - hot and dry, and not as hot/dry. Fall was maybe 2-3 weeks if you were lucky but Fall also meant Santa Ana winds :-(

Our cool July and August on the Central Coast is just along the coast. We live within 5-6 mi of the ocean so it's our reality. I don't mind all that much, compared to SoCal's heat. But if I were to drive 10-20 mi inland in any direction, temps are now in the mid to high 90s there and are often pushing 100 all spring & summer. It's just the coast that gets the clouds & fog.

@Moonchilde

I had a friend that lived in Sacramento for a while and she said it got real hot--about as hot as SA. the weather in California can really very. Your lucky you live along the coast.  Another friend has a brother that lives in San Francisco and she says they have the "perfect" weather all year long....but the cost of living is so high! 

Even here in Texas those that live along "the coast" (actually the Gulf Of Mexico) always get a nice breeze making the heat more tolerable.........What was really really really strange a few years ago those along the coast got a real white Christmas....my friend's step mom took tons of photos she made some into Christmas cards and sent them to her relatives up north.....and bragged about her White Christmas in Texas.........LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm in Dallas:

IMG_2608.jpg

@Spurt

@sidsmom

Unfortunately, the older we get, the less our bodies absorb vitamin D.

They have recently found that mushrooms are an excellent source.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm in Dallas:

IMG_2608.jpg

@Spurt

@sidsmom

In summer in Texas---water is a good place to be. 

LOL---that MEME describes "fall" most of the time in Texas. ......I live in San Antonio..... y'all in North Texas get hotter summers and a little bit colder in the winter...........we can watch a football game and if the fans in Dallas are wearing sweaters/coats we know a "cold front" is coming because it takes a day to get to us....LOL!!!  

Always cloudy here early on looks like rain and then the clouds burn off......I get my vitamin D taking that 15 minute walk to the group mailboxes in our subdivision and that's all the sun I can handle!  But at least we are not as humid as Houston and those in East Texas, but we still get humidity.......Woman Tongue 

But look at it this way @sidsmom  we could be living up north and experiencing cold weather and snow from October until July.  One relative got so tired of snow he took his snow blower and melted the snow so he could see some grass and it was the end of Aprill.......We have 4 months of really hot weather so I guess considering ---  I can deal with it than someof the alternatives. 

Honored Contributor

IMG_2610.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Spurt, Sacramento is very hot, and can be humid as well.

I'm safe at home or within a few miles, but many of the places I like to go - county fairs, antique fairs, the Ren Faire and various celebration weekends - are all in the "hot belt" of the Central Coast - from Silicon Valley to Paso Robles wine country.

I thought the cost of living in LA was high as far as rents, gas, utilities, insurance, etc but Silicon Valley is just as high to higher, and SF is as bad as trying to live in London.  An eye-opener. OTOH, if I was still working, my salary would be a lot higher if I worked in San Jose (for all the good it would do me). But it's hot in San Jose, although I do Know the Way ;-)

I do love my pumpkin goodies, but I might just have to visit a local pick-your-own spot. They have a commercial operation, but tourist & family oriented. They have a cider mill, sell fresh cider & apples, fresh berries (Berry Capital of the World), souvenirs, and baked goods. OMG the apple, peach & berry pies, and the apple dumplings served with cinnamon sauce!

I hate to drive out in the hot boonie fields but it just might be worth it. Now I'm drooling...

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Trader Joe's has the best pumpkin ice cream I've ever had, and closer to Fall, they get a fresh pumpkin Kringle, a pastry.

Trader Joe's is a pumpkinpalooza in September.

Pumpkin JoJos, pumpkin kringle, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin spice (I add it to coffee), pumpkin sticky toffee pudding, pumpkin pannatone,  and my all time favorite - pumpkin bread pudding!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Trader Joe's has the best pumpkin ice cream I've ever had, and closer to Fall, they get a fresh pumpkin Kringle, a pastry.

Trader Joe's is a pumpkinpalooza in September.

Pumpkin JoJos, pumpkin kringle, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin spice (I add it to coffee), pumpkin sticky toffee pudding, pumpkin pannatone,  and my all time favorite - pumpkin bread pudding!

The pumpkin bread pudding is pretty much my favorite of their recurring pumpkin offerings. I try to make it last, but it never lasts long.