Honored Contributor

Have any of the news channels mentioned it?? God Bless America.

Honored Contributor

God rest the souls of all who died in this dreadful attack

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

God rest the souls of all who died in this dreadful attack

Amen to that.

Honored Contributor

It should be a day that everyone marks and remembers with solemnity and resolve.

Honored Contributor

My local paper yesterday put out a long article for all to honor the lost and the families today.   Also commented on so many of the youth today are not sure what Pearl Harbor was and the actions it led our country to take. 

Never forget.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Have any of the news channels mentioned it?? God Bless America.

First front page article on the Daily Mail. I don't watch the news, but I know what day this is.

Honored Contributor

Mom told me about Pearl Harbor Day. She and Daddy were at the movies and when they came out she said everyone was running around talking about something. They asked what was the problem and were told what had happened.

Respected Contributor

We have visited the memorial 3 times in the last 50 years. The last time was January of this year. The crowds were large. I hope they understand what they are viewing.

My dad was in WWII in the Pacific and Dec 7th was a very significant day for him and his generation. I think of him on Dec 7.

Honored Contributor

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

One of the most moving events I ever experienced was our trip to Pearl Harbor.   When we went over to the memorial the names of everyone killed on a wall made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.    Looking down into the water to see the wreckage of the Arizona below was hard to fathom, knowing the hundreds of souls that were lost and their bodies had to be left, but the most mind stopping event was to see the 'black tears' on the surface of the water, oil seeping out of the wreckage engine room.    It is safe, according to the guide.   But to still be seeping after 70+ years makes you stop.    God Bless America and those that love our country enough to die for it.    Cannot replace people like that.