Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's Only a Burger For Pete's Sake.

I just watched the news and they stated it was a 14 hour wait. The first customer arrived at 10pm the night before opening. I don't remember their burgers being that outstanding.

Esteemed Contributor

In N Out makes really good Burgers. In fact I had one this past Monday for lunch, and I live between two of the stores.

However, I would absolutely not wait in line for any food item for 12 hours. 

Esteemed Contributor

An In-N-Out opened in my town this past June, and the line of traffic was unreal!

MILES long!

One of my co-workers just had to be one of the first customers (insert eyeroll ... here)

Me?

I have still yet to visit the place.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

there's one right near my home, and when they opened, they had many patrons, but never long lines. i've never been in there. i don't eat burgers. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some fancy burger place,  opened  abt 3 yrs ago where I live  called  Skuare burger . Well, apparently it was  swamped at first , then  after abt 2-3  months , I went there and the restaurant was dead  during lunch hr. Then within another 2 months the place closed. Very expensive  for a square burger and the staff very very slow in  getting the food out .

Esteemed Contributor

Imho, In N Out has several things going for it that others could replicate.  All the offerings on their menu are good ( more is not necessarily better), they pay better than many of their competitors ( so they should get better more loyal workers)and finally, they use order takers who come right up to your car and help you place your order.  Additionally, they sell really cute retro merchandise at a fair price.

Esteemed Contributor

There was an In and Out Burger on Ventura Blvd. close to where I lived in California, and of all the burger places, that one always had the longest line. I personally never tried them but they must be be super good for people to wait as long as they do.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Is it any different than waiting in line for hours when the Cronut first came out? Or the opening of a new Star Wars movie? Old pictures shoe bobby soxers waiting for Frank Sinatra and what about Elvis?  Depends on age and interest.  Things I waited in line back in the day I wouldn't walk outside for now. If sitting in a car for a hamburger is someones idea of fun, more power to them.  Not for me anymore.

Respected Contributor

Reminds me of the long lines when our first Shake Shack opened last year.  I still haven't been there.  

I went to an In & Out in Vegas about 10 yrs ago and wasn't impressed enough to go back.  And White Castle..... OMG No!  I went to that one on the Vegas strip a few years back and I can still smell the grease.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Do you have a Chik-fil-a near you?  Those lines are crazy day and night.

I wouldn't go across the street for Chik-fil-a.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan