Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's Only a Burger For Pete's Sake.

We have one about 5 minutes from my home. I haven't eaten there in many years but I remember them as ok. Not spectacular. I didn't care for their fries. I like my fries a bit thicker. We had lines like that when White Castle open here. Still haven't eaten there and most likely won't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The same type of thing happened here in Colorado when Krispy Kreme came to town. The city had to send in the police to direct traffic, prevent accidents and chaos from happening near and around their stores. I could hardly believe it when I saw the lines of cars on the local news. Now they have all but disappeared and most all the donut shops here are closed, too. 

@SilleeMee 

Same thing in my Texas city when Krispy Kreme opened....and personally I thought a local bakery's donuts were better....  I don't see any long lines, but that could change if the weather gets cooler and people eat more comfort type food and sweets....

Carl's Jrs was a flop here.... people prefer Whataburger!!!  Personally, I like a charbroiled hamburger from my favorite local restaurant....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

This is human nature. What about all the lines at big box stores for sales, black Friday etc? Apple's latest product, there are long, long lines.

In & Out Burger, eh, ok, not great.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I love a good Cheeseburger, and, it's been years, since I've been anywhere, with an In an Out, but NO.  

It will settle down eventually! 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@SandySparkles   The first time I saw Idris Elba I said just 2 words, "OH MY."  I was speechless after that.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  😂😂 I can certainly understand it!...Goodness.😁 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

in and out burgers are SO OVERRATED to me.....but my s/o loves them. he can wait all he wants.......give me a  5 guys burger over in and out any day.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Believe it or not, the Taco Bell in our little town is the one with the long, crazy lines. I always go to In-and-Out when I go to Tucson, but the drive thrugh lines are manageable.  Every year there ar rumors that we will get a Chick Fil A, but I don't think it will ever happen. We are too small, but whoever would open one would sure make a lot of money!

Valued Contributor

They have had a cult followng in California for years.  They really are delicious.  Would I wait in line for hours for one?  No way.  I'm the kind of person who will not even wait more than maybe 15 minutes for a table in a favorite restaurant.  Now I could go for one of their burgers though.

Respected Contributor

Wait until the McRib comes back Dec 2nd, they have quite the following!

Honored Contributor

People are desperate for something to celebrate. Since everyone was in their cars for this, I support it. Hope everyone had a good time waiting to get their burgers.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr