Respected Contributor

Re: It’s Official I Am Old!

@Suzeecat  You might be a little too young. I'm pretty sure it is for Medicare age 65 and up. Go to Silver Sneakers.com  So far I have found Planet Fitness, LA fitness, Anytime Fitness. One Life Fitness, and some YMCAs in the Atlanta area take silver Sneakers. You just have to show your card and register with them. No fees at all are charged and you are free to use any of the equipment and any of the classes. If I am not asked if I qualify for a senior discount I always ask if the establishment gives one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He!! I call myself an old man on a regular basis. Why? Because I spend more time around people much younger, and have for years. 

My feeling is that most males are not as sensitive to how they are addressed as their female counterparts. Officiate any sport for years and how someone addresses you in every day living means very little. 

My old is different than "others old", when speaking in the physiological vernacular. This is primarily because I have had grueling maximal stress tests done that place me in age related decades lower than my chronological age.

Am I "officially" old?  I like to think only when talking Chronological Age.

Physiological Age? Nope!

Sociological Age? Nope!

Psychological Age? Nope! 

My babbling on about age is complete, I think!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I don't think it would bother me if someone thought I was there for Silver Sneakers, but commenting about standing by as if I were going to get hurt would make me feel super uncomfortable. He really should be trained to not say things like that.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I'm turning 70 in about two weeks.  Quite frankly, I think 70 is really the new 50. I can still cut a good rug to "Old Time Rock And Roll" by by Bob Segers!!   I'll admit I do get a little more breathless than I used to and I have to take more breaks but, hey....I'm not quite ready yet to settle for "The Stroll"! 

Respected Contributor

A few years ago in our town in PA , the newspaper had an article about a minor fireworks malfunction at the July 4th event.   They said "an elderly 55 year old woman".   I couldn't email them fast enough.

Respected Contributor

We get silver alerts which means someone elderly went missing on the cell phone. I look & see it is a person 55yrs old. LOL ok I will use every discount I get and don't care what you call me just give me my discount. LOL My DD is 31yrs & if we go out to eat & get a drink she gets carded & she is upset, told her enjoy when they stop asking then you will know get out the moisturizer.