Honored Contributor

Re: It’s Official I Am Old!

@Meowingkitty, my Medigap plan also known as Supplemental Medicare insurance, what I get to pay the 20% that Medicare does not cover. includes free Silver Sneakers.
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Image may contain: meme, possible text that says 'Remember when I asked for your opinion? Yeah.....me neither.'

Was this your look @dulwich ?  LOL  

@Preds -

LOL! I remember seeing this years ago and loved it then, love it nowSmiley Happy

What a face!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@dulwich   I was asked if I wanted the "senior" discount at a retail store when I was 50 years old.  Never saw my ID, I guess she decided based on my look that I was old.

I told her, yes, I would like that discount!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I think most people who work at a gym know what Silver Sneakers is.  But having a gym employee ask me multiple times if I had Sliver Sneakers is telling me that I look a certain age to them.  Call me a bit vain but I would not be happy.  

Respected Contributor

Go for it @dulwich, nice job!

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch I am glad they check so you don't over do and die.That is very most importantly done. I am glad. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty I think that was very kind and considerate of her.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@jonbon   Exactly. it provides for free gym membership. You can go to any workout class that you want.  I can't imagine why anyone would be offended about this. Just one more benefit to living longer. 

I am all for collecting any benefits that I have rightfully earned!  I'm 64 and need to find out about this Silver Sneakers program.  People say that I look younger than my age so when I ask for my senior discounts I frequently get a little side-eye, as if I'm trying to scam the system. 

Valued Contributor

@dulwich, I applaud the way you handled that situation! Results speak for themselves. I think I would have “educated” him on his mistaken presumptions. Politely, of course. I think “old” looks differently for everyone and that is not always a good thing. 🤣🤣
Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat. Silver Sneakers isnt a benefit from Medicare. See my post above which explains it.