Respected Contributor

Re: It’s Official I Am Old!

@ALRATIBA Not for me, until I let my hair go gray. Gray hair scares those who weren't born, you know, way back in the 1900's.  They start dusting off the defibrillator Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Lol!  That's nothing.  I felt very old last year around this time, when I was involved in a traffic accident, and the EMT urged me to go to a trauma center, vs. the very nearby ER, due to my age!

I insisted on going to the community hospital, where they were very non plussed about my age.  I was checked over and discharged an hour later. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's ok. Just today I was at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought some towels. 4 baths towels. They weigh what? 6 pound total. The cashier asked if I needed help getting the out of the cart. Then after she rang them up she handed me the bag and asked if I needed help getting them back in the cart. I'm 64 not 104. 

Esteemed Contributor

I went to Jersey Mike's to get a sandwich and got call ma'am at least ten times during the course of me ordering the doggone sandwich and getting my change.  lol

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty

I would've hit her with the bag!😂🤣
Respected Contributor

Silver Sneakers is wonderful. It dosen't mean that you have to go to old ladies classes. It pays for your gym membership. We have Silver Sneakers Memberships in about 4 different gyms. Your insurance company and Medicare pay for this. I love getting the senior discounts. 

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Silver Sneakers is wonderful. It dosen't mean that you have to go to old ladies classes. It pays for your gym membership. We have Silver Sneakers Memberships in about 4 different gyms. Your insurance company and Medicare pay for this. I love getting the senior discounts. 

Yes, I was going to say, Silver Sneakers is an actual "thing," not just someone thinking a person is older! I can't remember where I saw and ad or info about it -- TV or AARP mag or something, I suppose. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

The DOB on our driver's license means nothing other than who is allowed to buy alcohol!   Everyone is different, some are old at 40 while some are in great shape at 80!

@this is my nic 

I could not agree more. Chronological Age tells only the amount of time a person has been breathing, nothing more!  

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Yea @dulwich ,

That had to make you feel great. Hope that made your day. Officially old?  Ain't no such thing in my "official" book.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I describe myself as a senior citizen, but also say I am not elderly.   That said, I joked on Facebook last week that I am officially old since I stop scrolling and watch all the dog and cat videos.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix