Honored Contributor

I have programmed my radio to come on automatically .....and it wasn't my usual show I listen to before I get out of bed in the morning ( I thought the radio station had done a major change in their programming)...then I remembered the time change and I forgot to change the clock.... LOL!!!  I just wish they'd leave the time on standard time!!!! Woman Frustrated 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: It's ONLY 6:26 AM

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

I just spent some time digging around for instruction booklets on how to set the time on all the digital clocks on various appliances & clocks. And then try to co-ordinate them so they all change time at the same time....yeesh. The only one I refuse to do is one of those wall clocks that shows not just the time but the temp inside & outside and the date & the moom phase, I think they call them atomic clocks. The instructions for that one might as well be in Greek.

@shaggygirl 

I can sympathize and empathize regarding your scenario with the instruction booklets....The cordless phone on my landline is a pain in the butt to change, I dont know why the made it so complicated ...SHEESH!!! ....its like you need a degree in IT to figure it out....LOL.  Thankfully my cell phones and appliances either change automatically or are real easy to change the time on....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Add me to the list of those who don't mind it a bit! It's just an hour! Oh, and I just got home from work this morning, I worked 13 hours last night instead of 12 & have to brb @ 7p tonight! YAY! lol  #not  Woman Happy

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I stayed up an hour longer last night so that I could sleep until 7:00 this morning without my dog getting me up earlier.  It worked.

I'm going to my father's this morning to change his watch and clocks in his Assisted Living.  He was able to do this himself until a couple of years ago.  Now it's too frustrating for him.

@NickNack 

How does your dog adjust to a change to his feeding time....??????????  My cats are grumpy because their food and treat time is different....

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa Y   When I wake up I start my day.  Tomorrow I should be back to getting up 4 - 4:30.  I love the early morning!

Honored Contributor

For people who suffer from depression and seasonal affective disorder it is a big deal and it's not "just an hour". Or anyone who doesn't sleep well due to stress, anxiety, grief, medication side effects...many other reasons. 

For us it is a big deal and I wish they'd just leave the clocks alone. Winter is depressing enough. I signed an online petition about doing away with DST yesterday.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I stayed up an hour longer last night so that I could sleep until 7:00 this morning without my dog getting me up earlier.  It worked.

I'm going to my father's this morning to change his watch and clocks in his Assisted Living.  He was able to do this himself until a couple of years ago.  Now it's too frustrating for him.

@NickNack 

How does your dog adjust to a change to his feeding time....??????????  My cats are grumpy because their food and treat time is different....

@Spurt   The change in feeding time doesn't seem to bother her a bit.  I usually feed her between 4:30 and 5:30, so it's not exactly the same each day anyway.  Henry, my cat, always has food left over in his bowl each morning, so it doesn't matter to him either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's okay. But I would much prefer standard time all year long. In my state of California, they are considering making DST all year round. I would hate that. This cocooning person loves the light in the morning and craves the dark as early as possible.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21    curious about this petition.  So what we are signing is to stay on Standard Time year round?   Before the date was moved back to March, it was a long 6 months before DST rolled around. Mid-April.  Not eager to go back to it

I live in a cold climate,  high latitude so we get precious little sunlight as it is. 

Trusted Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

@Lisa Y   When I wake up I start my day.  Tomorrow I should be back to getting up 4 - 4:30.  I love the early morning!

@avid shopper  Oh good, you're sleeping in. 🤪