Respected Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I am "lovin' every minute of it".  Got up at 3:15, walking 3:30- 4:45, then inside for shower and wash hair and style.  Now having coffee and back in my nightgown and robe.  Going to read ( a book recommended here, thanks) most of the day  and watch a couple of movies!

Up at that hour AND walking!   I admire your energy and motivation. It's hard for me to wake up most mornings let alone go walk.

Honored Contributor

OK, here is what puzzles me about this.  Don't any of you in a normal day go to bed and hour early or get up an hour earlier--or later?

I have not ever gone to bed at an exact to the minute time in my entire life.  I can go to bed anywhere from 10 p.m. to midnight and sometimes even later and get up at about the same time--give or take 30 minutes to an hour.

So, to me it's not really different. I HATE the short days and all the darkness, but the time thing is not a hard adjustment for me. Whatever time the clock says, that's it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: It's ONLY 6:26 AM

[ Edited ]

I am flabbergasted by the complaining of having to add 1 hour of time to the day...and only today by the way. 

Some people are literally begging for their lives to have one more hour...

Esteemed Contributor

We are so different here.  It is 6:47 out west and I have done coffee, two doses of meds, breakfast and am ready for the day.  Time to check mail and do a walk.  Feel like the day is wasting.

Trusted Contributor

@avid shopper 

I thought I got early for my AM walk (5:45), but 3:30?!?! You're amazing! 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Good grief.......it's only an hour.  Shower anyway, and you get a bonus hour to do anything you want.  Lemonade out of lemons.  

@qualitygal - come on....it was just a good natured post. Was the "good grief" really necessary?  SMH. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I am "lovin' every minute of it".  Got up at 3:15, walking 3:30- 4:45, then inside for shower and wash hair and style.  Now having coffee and back in my nightgown and robe.  Going to read ( a book recommended here, thanks) most of the day  and watch a couple of movies!

@avid shopper 

We used to do that when we lived in the southwest.  Started our walks (outside) at about 3:30am.  It was just too hot once the sun came up.

But now that I'm living back east, I've turned into a slug again!😆

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me, I only feel the difference for a day or two and then my body adjusts.  Everyone's body adjusts.  Like most people who wake up naturally, without an alarm, I was awake 5:30 because my body thought it was 6:30.  I got up, made coffee and an English muffin and watched a movie.  No big deal.    

Honored Contributor

I have so many sleep problems.  This just messes me up even more.  

I hate that it gets dark so early.  

One hour isn't that big of a deal to a lot of people, but it is a big problem for me.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369  we are entitled to worry about the way it makes us feel ,regardless of what other people think