Trusted Contributor

@AuntG 

Not really....some day I have lots of energy but others, not so much.  I do walk in the dark.  Live in a place where I have always felt safe walking anytime.  When I retired I promised myself I would walk every day and I do it when I first get up to get the juices flowing for the day. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

When I worked, I was awake daily at 3 a.m. and on to a commuter bus by 5 a.m.  In the winter, or bad weather, trip often took 2 hours one way.

It was what I had to do, so, I got used to it.  Truth be told, even as a child I was not a late sleeper.  Mom  made sure we were out of bed early to do our "chores."

So, I never learned to "sleep in."

The sleep I get is generally sound, and I enjoy it, but once I wake up, I'm awake!  Used to run in the early morning hours, but now I do my spin bike.

Mornings, to me, are golden.  Love the quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the time change really messes me up. I wish also they would just pick one time and stick with that. Nap for me today. 

Honored Contributor

Good grief.......it's only an hour.  Shower anyway, and you get a bonus hour to do anything you want.  Lemonade out of lemons.  

Trusted Contributor

I stayed up later last night, but still I was awake and raring to go by 5:00 a.m.  I am a caregiver for my mom, so I am off to her condo.  The sun is shining and air is downright chilly again.  But it looks as if the day will be beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Good grief.......it's only an hour.  Shower anyway, and you get a bonus hour to do anything you want.  Lemonade out of lemons.  

^^^This. It's just an hour. How is it any different than waking up an hour early because you just couldn't sleep? Gives me time for another cup of coffee before I start my day.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Love it this morning.  I slept a solid 9 hours last night.

I will not love it tomorrow when I have to be at work at 5:30 a.m.

I think the time should just be left alone and not have it change in Spring or Fall.

Honored Contributor

I'm okay right now -  last night I had a phone visit with a shut-in friend and reminded her to change and clock that isn't automatic.  Went to bed just after midnight without changing any of mine. I actually slept through the night for a change and awoke to light, did the required AM routine and never looked at a clock!  When I finally did, it said 6:06 and I was stunned.  I'd totally forgotten the time switch.  Could that be the secret to coping with it?

I do like the 2 times -  more light in the mornings when days are short work for me because many days I'm awake and out to walk by 5.  And I love the long nights in the spring and summer.

Honored Contributor

I stayed up an hour longer last night so that I could sleep until 7:00 this morning without my dog getting me up earlier.  It worked.

I'm going to my father's this morning to change his watch and clocks in his Assisted Living.  He was able to do this himself until a couple of years ago.  Now it's too frustrating for him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I, on the other hand, love the "fall back".  I actually woke up feeling decent today, unlike most of the summer.  It's the "spring ahead" I don't like.

My biggest gripe is the length of time that we now have daylight savings.  It wasn't so bad when it only went from the middle of April through the middle of October.